Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Arlo cameras are offline. I've the 3030 models. I've rebooted my base station and router 4 times. They seem to have gone offline yesterday and are staying that way, normally a reboot brings them back online. Was there an update yesterday that I should know about? 

43 REPLIES 43
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not to my knowledge... try and re-sync one of the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Won't be able to tonight. I don't think the Arlo/Netgear folks realize that not everyone has the cameras in their home ready to reboot (or re-sync) every time they flake out. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It isn't normal to have the base going offline on a regular basis...  Mine has gone offline maybe 2x in two years.

Be the problem power or Internet or router drop out, something isn't right.

To fix your problem it needs a bit more investigation as to cause and may not just be the base.

Morse is faster than texting!
j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

After shutting it down and keeping it off for 5-10 minutes instead of just a quick restart, it came back online.

My system is probably less typical as it uses a cellular modem to connect. 

A new issue in the last month or two is that it is frequently giving me notifications without a corresponding recording. 

ronco58
Tutor
Tutor

My base station appears to be offline. I have power-cycled the BS, reset, changed to a know working internet connection - no success. 

screenshot

front panel

Thegasworks
Star
Star
I'm now also experiencing the above problem. It first appeared 2 days ago and came back online after 4-5hrs. It's been offline most of the day today and I can't get it back. All usual checks have been done etc...I cannot understand why this issue has appeared out of the blue. Can anyone ad use please?
Kind regards
Bigjimmy
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras went down a couple of days ago and am unable to get them working again. I'm experiencing the same issue as 'Ronco58'.

Any ideas on how to fix this???

Netgear please advise!!!

Kind regards J
Thegasworks
Star
Star
I removed the batteries from my cameras, factory reset the base station and deleted the app. I reinstalled everything from scratch which has sorted the problem.

Very inconvenient and disappointing to have to do this again. Slowly losing my faith in the system, shame.
Bigjimmy
Tutor
Tutor
Hey @Thegasworks 😀.

Followed your steps and it sorted the issue, my system is now back online, Much appreciation!!!

Cheers👍🏻
Thegasworks
Star
Star

Hi Bigjimmy - glad that worked for you too mate.

Intrepid56
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been happening more frequently lately. Had the system since 2015. Internet confirmed OK and at times had to re-sync, re-boot etc.  Other times I just log-out and wait 5 minutes and signin again. Inconsistent and rather annoying at times.

allen_rong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure if it is related. I have got similar issue as what OP is having.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-basestation-offline-issue-after-reboot/m-p/1343782#M40294

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

It seems this year my batteries are running out faster and also in the last few months, my cameras are far more frequently going offline. Rebooting system does not help.

allen_rong
Aspirant
Aspirant

From my partiluar issue, it has been resolved by recently firmware auto upgrade.

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

What firmware version did the auto upgrade provide?  I have the original Arlo cameras and did not have any issues for atleast a year, now like many others my cameras go offline.  I have reset the base to factory defaults and resync cameras.  I now have one camera offline again.

What is the latest firmware?  I want to make sure my cameras are running the latest.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check firmware versions by looking in the Release Notes section here and comparing to what is shown in Settings, My Devices, your devices, Device Info.

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

Thanks I found it last night and I also checked to see if I could perform a manual upgrade.  Since I am at the latest the manual firmware upgrade was not an option.

I guess I will try to re-sync my camera once more.  If it keeps happening I may move it and see if it is due to signal loss.

PirateS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Is there any way to reset the system remotely. I bought these Cams to use when travelling. Im out of country now and 2 cams show 'your device appears offline blah blah'.
Pretty much defeats the purpose of buying if cannot reset remotely
Pb08vk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im facing the same problem from last 3 days. Delete the cameras so that i can sync them again. Unable to sync as well. Dont know what to do. Usually restarting the BS fix the problem
Pb08vk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried looking for firmware but its empty ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remotely, all you can do is to restart the base (Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom). If you're frequently traveling, consider a UPS for your modem, router and base so power outages don't lose power which has been an issue. ALso, consider a WiFi switch such as a WeMo for the base so you can use it to power cycle the base.

If someone has physical access while you're gone, have them power cycle the base.

SpiesLikeUs
Star
Star

**UPDATE**

I have moved the base station around away from the router which did not resolve the issue.

I have been in communication with Support for over 2 months and so far I can only get one camera to stay connected for any length of time.  They have even asked for my serial numbers and I have not heard back from Support in 2 weeks.

All I am doing is spending a crap load of money to keep testing out the cameras toward a resolution.  

I just thought it would be good to update the community.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SpiesLikeUs,

I've requested an escalation/update on your case. An agent should be reaching out to you soon with more information.

JamesC