Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update fail

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have had this system for 3 years and every time there is a firmware update there is an issue. Now I have a totally dead 10 camera system. All I see when I view my cameras is a banner that says “ update firmware now” when I go to update the firmware ( on any camera ) I get a message “ firmware upgrade failed. Camera rejected upgrade “ I can’t view any camera, no recordings. $1500 worth of useless junk. Any thought ?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fastest way to get going likely is to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Hopefully that will resolve the issues quickly.

KennyT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Removing all cameras doesn't work either. Nothing seems to be working.
avalon94
Aspirant
Aspirant

3 nights in a row, 3 nights of failed firmware attempts, just draining my battery 10-15% each time.  

alcat
Luminary
Luminary

I am having te same issue 3 days in a row.

10 cameras system.

For 3 days I am prompted to update firmware 

Day 1 prompted to update 10 cameras from 1.216720 to 1.2.21616

Day 2 prompted to update 10 camerasfrom 1.2.21616 to 1.216720

Day 3 prompted to update 8 cameras from 1.216720 to 1.2.21616

Flip-flop between firmware versions

Does anyone know how to escalate issues to Netgear via this community? Or do we need to call them directly?

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
As usual third time was a charm. Well not exactly a charm. 4 cameras with brand new batteries drained. 4 years of the same stuff. Hold your breath and buy lots of batteries when a firmware update comes out.
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

I did not receive a firmware request overnight. Is the issues resolved? I am cautiously optimistic and will wait and see how the next few days play out