Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices (cameras) are Offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dpoon
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue that many have had previously but none of the solutions in the other threads seem to resolve this issue.  About a month or so ago (June 2018) I could not connect to any of my four cameras.  When I try to access the live feed, it attempts to update but then I receive the "The device failed to connect.  Please try again." message.  When I try again, I receive the "This Arlo device is offline" message.

After opening and closing the camera battery door, changing batteries, power cycling the base station, and power cycling my router, without success, I removed both the base station and cameras from the desktop website, factory reset the base station, and then using the Arlo app added the base station and each camera following the usual instructions.

I have deleted the current IOS Arlo app and installed the latest version, on both my iphone and iPad.

After performing these steps a few times on both mobile devices, I am still unable to connect with any of my cameras.  The base station shows all three green lights on (power, internet connection, and synch).

I believe that I've covered all the steps, without success.

I would love to add to my existing system with the Arlo Pro 2 and the Arlo Security Light, however I would like to resolve this current issue of course.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoon
Guide
Guide

I thought it was unusual and coincidental that all four of my cameras would go offline at the same time, with the only common factor being the base station.  So I replaced the base station with a new one, and all four cameras came back online. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are your speedtest numbers for up/down/ping for both your base station and your device?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, have you tried a browser?

dpoon
Guide
Guide

@steve_t wrote:

What are your speedtest numbers for up/down/ping for both your base station and your device?

Hello, I'm not sure how to find that information for the Arlo base station and devices, but the ping/up/down for my Iphone 7 and PC are as follows:

Iphone 7

Ping:  12ms

Up:  14 mbps

Down:  30.9 mbps

PC Ethernet Connected

Ping:  10ms

Up:  15.3 mbps

Down:  179.2

PC Wifi Connected

Ping:  11ms

Up:  15.1 mbps

Down:  38.7 mbps

Thanks in advance

dpoon
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat wrote:

Also, have you tried a browser?

Hello, yes I tried the Arlo site on Firefox and Edge and experienced the same issues.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hmmm those speeds should easily be fast enough. Next thought would be to take the base station and cameras to another location and try there. Unfortunately success there doesn't determine if there's a problem with the connection to your router or interference in your neighborhood. Failure there would certainly be reason to get started on a support ticket heading for an RMA

dpoon
Guide
Guide

I thought it was unusual and coincidental that all four of my cameras would go offline at the same time, with the only common factor being the base station.  So I replaced the base station with a new one, and all four cameras came back online.