Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Web portal video-calendar providing invalid information

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Issue:  I click on the videos for Camera 1.  The calendar shows a dot under today's date which is good because I have videos there.  The calendar also shows dots under the 5 days prior to today.  I do not have videos for this camera on those dates, but I do have videos on those dates for other cameras.  The calendar filtered by individual cameras is idicating available videos in the entire library instead of the individual selected camera.

This is a change in behavior.  It used to work properly in the web app.  It still works properly in the iOS app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Macahi

There has been an update that was supposed to address this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue with your web filter (Calendar dot)?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reboot of the base via the power button  ( off then on, let reset )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try that before, but just tried it again now just in case.  Nope.  The calendar still shows a dot where there are videos for other cameras and not the one I'm currently viewing.  This is an issue with the web portal design.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Macahi wrote:

The calendar still shows a dot where there are videos for other cameras and not the one I'm currently viewing.  This is an issue with the web portal design.

@JamesC , I've also been seeing this for a while (and I agree with @Macahi that it is a change in behavior).  I can't confirm that it is connected it to other cameras making recordings (I don't think I've ever had a day when there were no recordings from any camera). 

For instance, this particular camera hasn't made a recording since 5 December:

norecordings.png

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB @TomMac

Yes, this is exactly the issue.  I can confirm that if there are no videos in the library from any camera in the system for a particular day, that day won't have a dot.  (i.e. 12/6)

Untitled.png

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still waiting for a fix Arlo

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is still broken.  Can we get some kind of response that it's a known bug and is being worked on?  Or tell us that you think it's another brilliant design feature, or something.  Some official recognition of this bug would be appreciated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS

As has been confirmed in this thread, it's not an end-user issue, it's a design issue.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please fix this.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PLEASE FIX THIS

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Macahi

Thank you for the detailed information, I have reported this to my development team. I will provide an update as soon as possible 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

FIX THIS!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Macahi

There has been an update that was supposed to address this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue with your web filter (Calendar dot)?

Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS 

Yes!  It does appear to now be fixed!  Thank you developers.

One down, several more really bad design flaws to go...

thanks!