Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow/Late e-mail notifications?

Discussion stats
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Is it me or are the camera motion detections late?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

57 REPLIES 57
paulmd
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same problems that others have mentioned. System use to work perfectly before updated app. Now, with all the problems/errors, I'm finding myself losing confidence in this security investment.

LandM
Aspirant
Aspirant

About half of our notifications are within a minute of the event and the other half are taking about 90 minutes, We spent over a grand on cameras and paid for the premium service a year in advance. Not happy. We just had a thwarted home invasion a few weeks ago and this unreliable equipment is making us furious.

ArlCal
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same problem. No emails or videos in library 2-4 hours after a notification. I just bought this three days ago and it worked fine until today.
7948luis
Aspirant
Aspirant
My videos to upload to my alto app are about 2 hours behind never did this how do I fix??
ant
Mentor
Mentor

7948luis wrote:
My videos to upload to my alto app are about 2 hours behind never did this how do I fix??

You can't. Netgear needs to fix it on its end since many(or everybody?) have this problem. 😞

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

Add me to the long list of customers experiencing this ongoing issue. 

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just want to add to the list of people having the same problem today and past days. The December update has completely destroyed all the reliability of the Arlo system. Prior to that update I had 9 months of absolute perfect operation and then after the update it has been a complete disaster.

7948luis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I felt so same with this system now I hate getting alerts and not knowing what it is only to find out what it is 3 hours later #hateit
paulmd
Tutor
Tutor

I have lost confidence in this security system. In fact, currently, I find myself ignoring the system due to the many malfunctions. So....how do I return the investment for a refund? My equiptment is within the 1 year warranty.

7948luis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why fix what wasn't broken??? Come on guys !!!!!
JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'll tell you why they updated it. So they could sell their $220 Arlo Q(Drop/Nest Cam) copycat camera. My thought is the new update and all the traffic from the constantly recording Arlo Qs have overloaded their system and made it completely useless.

pdxatx
Guide
Guide
Yup their servers/system is completely broken right now. Very poor management.

I've had issues with Dropcam in the past but they were never this bad.
rmahon
Guide
Guide

Come on guys (NetGear Development Team) !!!!

Have you ever heard of Code Developement Source Control??  How about doing a "RollBack" on the previous programming code and have the software function as before.  Then, do some more in house testing prior to upgrade releases !!!

ArloCustomer1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having these same issues as well starting on Feb 16. My cameras do not detect motion, do not record, and if they do detect motion, they do not send an alert or record vide ARLO please fix issues asap.
Slowdiesel
Aspirant
Aspirant

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! REFUND THE PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT THE NEW CAMERA AND BRING BACK THE OLD PLATFORM UNTILL YOU GET THE BUGS WORKED OUT!! PEOPLE WOULD RESPECT THAT.

SINCERLY,

VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

So this post started on January 14th and they're still working on it on February 19th.

Maybe its time to hire some better engineers.

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been getting delayed email notifications today for the first time in a while. Hopefully they didn't screw it up again with some sort of update.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JGC2000 wrote:

I have been getting delayed email notifications today for the first time in a while. Hopefully they didn't screw it up again with some sort of update.

Same here since 11:43 AM PDT. No e-mail notifications. I did get iOS app notifications though.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

ant wrote:

JGC2000 wrote:

Same here since 11:43 AM PDT. No e-mail notifications. I did get iOS app notifications though.

I got a bunch of e-mails hours later. What about the rest of you?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JGC2000, ant

Are you getting delayed library content as well or just e-mail notifications? Are you still seeing this behavior today?

JamesC

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've got 3 videos today that have had delayed emails. The email was sent about 45 minutes late for all 3.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

JGC2000, ant

Are you getting delayed library content as well or just e-mail notifications? Are you still seeing this behavior today?

JamesC

Delayed library contents? Not that I know of. Email notifications seem fast today.

peterK
Guide
Guide

The e-mail notification delay has returned.  Some notifications come instantly, others are delayed up to an hour.  Very dissapointing.

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

The delayed email notifications continued over the weekend and this morning for me.

Some emails will show up immediately/on time, while others have been as much as two hours late. 

If the video counter is the problem that is causing all this they should simply remove that feature. For me its something that I have no use for.