motion detection only works up to 6-10 feet

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Davej56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'e just bough the stabard Arlo Smart 3 camera system. It's brand new so one would expect the non-Pro cameras to also have better sensitvity right? It's not as of you have phased out the SMart cameras or do only ythe premium Pro camers get this update.

I must say I'm extremely dissappointed so far in my new Arlo. The night vision has not worked - only on one camera worked imnititally then stopped after I swothced off noght vision but thjen mdecided to switch back on again. The motion detection only works up to  6-10 feet away even though I've set the camera angles perfectly to get cross movements.  So by the time the camera is triggered and with the recording dealey I will have a blank recording of the person who entered my property.

I'll try some of the solutions to get night vision back but as 2 of my cameras have the rubber shield and need a ladder to access so will be a pain if I need to remove (brand new) batteries to reset them as I see as one solution.

And while I'm on complaints yeterday I was at home with Geo Fencing on and it detected me moving and began recording!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Davej56,

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

Try toggling night vision on/off in settings. If you're still experiencing an issue, restart the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Test again to see if you still see the same behavior.

JamesC