Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slow/Late e-mail notifications?

Discussion stats
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Is it me or are the camera motion detections late?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As some of you may have already witnessed we are experiencing intermittent performance issues with live streaming and accessing the library.  Our Engineers are working on it and will provide and update once resolved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

JamesC

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As some of you may have already witnessed we are experiencing intermittent performance issues with live streaming and accessing the library.  Our Engineers are working on it and will provide and update once resolved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

JamesC

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have noticed the delay too. The video shows up about 30 minutes after it actually recorded and that's when I get the email notification too.

I've owned a camera since March 2015 and had absolutely no problems until they updated the app and web interface in late December.  Seems to me in their rush to get the app & web interface ready for the Arlo Q wired camera they screwed everything up for the users of the Wireless Arlos. I want the old system back because this one sucks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was implemented that should resolve the intermittent issues with accessing the library and live streaming. We will continue to monitor the system closely. Please let us know if you continue to experience these issues!

JamesC

Flyer111
Guide
Guide
I'm still having problems here... Are you still working on this?
JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

It worked correctly over the weekend, but it appears to slowing down again today for me too.

scottbco
Initiate
Initiate

All day my recordings are emailed to me 20-30 minutes after they occur.  I get instant notification on my phone, but 20-30 minutes later I get an email for that event.  It used to be as soon as the recording was complete.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flyer111, JGC2000, scottbco

I have been unable to replicate this issue. Are you still receiving delayed recordings/notifications?

JamesC

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

The email notifications started being sent immediately again on Tuesday for me. Monday the 18th was the last time I was getting the emails about 30 minutes or sometimes longer after the actual video were being recorded

Flyer111
Guide
Guide
Seems to be working now. Thanks
Flyer111
Guide
Guide

peterK
Guide
Guide

I am still having the same issue as reported earlier.  Today, some e-mail notifications were more than 3 hours delayed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

peterK,

Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am again experiencing this issue today. Some emails will be on time while others will be as much as 50 minutes after the actual video was recorded.

The first diffential was a video that was recorded at 11:32 am. The email was sent at 11:38.

The worst difference was a video recorded at 12:53 pm. The email was sent at 1:43pm

All weekend there were no issues. Also videos are back to not showing up in the library again.

LandM
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are still having the same performance issues today.

peterK
Guide
Guide

Yes.  Today for example, the time stamp on the motion detection was 3:06:11pm.  I did not get the e-mail until 3:42 pm.  Another was 5:51:10, received 5:57 (better, but still off from before).  Another, 6:07:19 was received at 6:07, so within 40 secords - what I was previously used to.  The time delay appears to be random, which makes it even more frustrating.

pdxatx
Guide
Guide
Yes still seeing delays here
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is aware that this issue is affecting some customers. Our engineering team is investigating the root cause and a fix will be released as soon as we have a resolution. Once a resolution is reached we will post an update. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

ant
Mentor
Mentor

JamesC wrote:

The Arlo team is aware that this issue is affecting some customers. Our engineering team is investigating the root cause and a fix will be released as soon as we have a resolution. Once a resolution is reached we will post an update. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

Thanks. I just noticed e-mails coming in late after Arlo recorded online.

I also noticed no forum e-mail notifications again too. Hmm! Related?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

It looks like the e-mails are being fast now again. 🙂

jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am having this issue too - Started yesterday . I get a notification but it takes 30 minutes to see the video .
pdxatx
Guide
Guide

Friday 12th Feb was particularly bad for having delays with notifications. It made the "security" feature of the cameras useless that day.

Today there is approx one hour delay before the email notification is sent. And viewing the movement videos is also being delayed both on the app and online.

peterK
Guide
Guide

I continue to have the same problems.  One time motion was detected at 4:26 and I did not get the notification until 6:30.  I have a lot invested in this system and have previously recommended it to several other people.  However, these issues are making me question that.  It worked great a few months ago, not so much now.  Arlo Support - any updates?

rmahon
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue along with some other odd things mentioned in another post.  I am currently looking for my receipt to return the equipment.  Realiablity with a security systems is crucial.

gravenk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am receiving email notifications as many as 4 hours late.  What gives?  This is getting annoying.  

Thanks