Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Comments & ?s on the Arlo....the stickers, the router plug, the law about surveillance notices

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kitkathouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. How can I get a cord for Arlo router, I bought two kits from Costco to help a friend out and now on the 2nd router I find I have no cord and she says it is not at her house. Could it be they did not pack the cord? I have purchased one system for myself and bought a used system on eBAY so I can reach out to my shed and guest house RV.

2. Also, I wish the security system tags did NOT say Arlo, this indicates to the burglar how the system works, so I will not be using my decals for this reason, I have purchased signs from Amazon that say entering premises gives your permission to be audio and video recorded, because somewhere I was told that photos or videos do not hold up in court unless you have warned visitors that there is video surveillance. Comments? I'm in Illinois.

3. How does using an Orbi help the Arlo system? I saw a post but lost it, that asked if having an Orbi router made less need for the Arlo router?

4. What is difference between base station and Netgear router, someone posted like there was a difference..

5. I cannot see where to reply to questions. Instead of just Netgear, and Best Buy, Costco is an excellent source to buy systems from. They have that guarantee that is hard to beat.

6. Note I HATE the system is called a proper name, because I have to think of an Arlo each time I use it. or log in.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1. How can I get a cord for Arlo router,

The Arlo bases run on an AC adapter that puts out 12V DC at 1.5a coaxal plug center positive (you may have to measure the one you have in MM for internal and external size  ) ... many of the stores/amazon/ walmart/etc will be able to source this item ( TMK, not sold by Netgear separtely ) or take base unit and test size

2. , because somewhere I was told that photos or videos do not hold up in court unless you have warned visitors that there is video surveillance. Comments? I'm in Illinois.

You would have to check the laws in you state...most will have them online

3. How does using an Orbi help the Arlo system?

An ORBI helps the Arlo system in that the satellite allows you to run a second base if needed ( like a wifi extender ) as the satelite has etherenet ports to plug into

4. What is difference between base station and Netgear router, someone posted like there was a difference..

The Arlo base is sort of a router but will ONLY connect to the cameras and not other devices

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------