Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Just got Arlo and im sick of it already..it says once again that session has expired log back in..like no..it keeps kicking me out. Only me and 1 other person are able to access that system. Anyone else having this problem? Again? Seems like a few weeks ago they released a statement about this happening but it got resolved..guess it didn't
191 REPLIES 191
Jimmymcmaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here  this is bull**bleep** !  No more arlo

Brianthesnail
Initiate
Initiate
I was also frustrated when this first started happening on my phone app but doing the close all fix which takes under 5 seconds to do I am now pleased with the arlo system again.
Anyone that has viewed the phone app are amazed at the quality of the images from a wireless system and the reason I first chose Arlo is because I did not want the clutter of wires around the house from a hard wired system.

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

If you came here for help on the "Session Expired" issue on Android I found one suggestion that worked for me, which was to go into App Manager, select Arlo, then click Storage and then click the button that says Clear Cache.

Then re-start your phone. Worked on both the wife's and my Galaxy S7s.

Unfortunately now I get "You are not connected to the internet" randomly, even though I am well connected through both my home network and 4G. I know at one time last year the app was having issues with this kind of thing, but I thought it was a thing of the past.

Also, unfortunately, geofencing is still not working. As I type sitting here at home my phone is showing as in zome, but my wife is apparently out, even though I can see her.

Hey, but improvement, right? Maybe?

Rosie9940
Aspirant
Aspirant
i just shut down and restart the app on my phone and the video still recorded. i then can view it. i have it because a aid taking care of my 92 year old mom is not doing a good job. thinking of fireing her after easter. i let her think the camera is not working and noticed a few things i dont like with her. so easy problem when it doesnt let you log in,restart and you then can view the camera
Sheri4797
Initiate
Initiate
  • Apparently NetGear is doing nothing to fix this problem. Wished I never would have purchaed since you can't even get any assistance from them. Very, very tired of it. Uninstalled app,reinstalled, rebooted system and the same thing.
TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

I suspect you are correct Kwenda 3/22/2018, and that Arlo is Not going to fix this "session expired" problem with the Arlo Android app. You mention the Arlo Smart software to come, but I have to wonder what "an upgraded Arlo Smart account plan" means.  Wonder if this Arlo Smart is a $$ plan they are pushing

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same problem. It logs me out immediately.

Asdtracy
Aspirant
Aspirant
After a update my Arlo logs out so fast
And screen just from sign in to expired session
Janet59
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am over this as well! I was annoyed when it would sign out monthly!! Wish it would go back to that. This having to waste precious minutes signing in every single time even when it has only been 30 seconds is ridiculous! And no reports of any fix coming. I was going add another camera but am watching QVC right now and going for the Ring camera. Looks like good customer service at least
TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've found I don't have to actually log out or sign in again over and over when the app "expires" . At least on my Galaxy phone, I just click the icon at the bottom edge of my phone, left of the home button. Looks like 2 overlapping squares. Then click .the X on the right top corner on Arlo. I can then open the Arlo app and proceed viewing video. 3 quick clicks and it's working again. You still have to do it every time app says it expired again but not waste time logging in each time. Hope Arlo fixes this app
Janet59
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, But unfortunately this didnt work for me. No little squares or anything to click on. I tried though. I have an LG phone.
TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

My old LG phone still showed a “recent apps” icon. It was just a little white square on the right of the home screen button opposite side from the “back” triangle .  I’ll try attaching a screenshot. But maybe all phones don’t have the icons

FFAl4417
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never had to log in every time. Now, every single time I open app it says session expired. Please log in. When I get an alert I have to log in? Why all of a sudden is this necessary?
ronwb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Must turn phone off and back on to connect to base station but laptop works fine
ronwb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Must turn phone off and back on to connect to base station always worked fine in the past laptop works fine any help would be greatly appreciated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been asked and answered many times here in other threads. Right now, there's just a workaround until it's fixed. Use the multitask button (1 or 2 squares next to the Home button), click on the "X" for Arlo and restart the app normally. You'll have to do it as required.

8wildhogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Someone has already answered this.... thank you, it works! I was about ready to throw everything arlo into the trash, but the answer to this stopped that urge for now. When the horrible orange stripe shows up saying session expired, (on android) go to bottom left and open the apps open symbol, close all, go back and open arlo, you're logged in.
Janet59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, unfortunately my phone just doesn't have this option. When I am on the screen that says I need to log back in the only thing I have is the little square to close out, the little circle in the middle that takes me back to my home screen and an arrow on the left to go to the previous screen. I have actually tried closing out in case that is it but to no avail. They really just need to fix the issue. However, I did go ahead and order the ring camera on QVC today. I'll put that at my front door where I'll use it most often and I'll stick the Arlo on the side door where I don't need it that much.

hard2access
Aspirant
Aspirant

The latest update is the problem. Have tried all suggestions here. Got so aggrevated deactivated all for a few days. Looking into new camera. For now, I'm trying wink app. You still need your Arlo login.

Also read that Arlo and Netgear are separating into 2 separate businesses.

I have Arlo Pro wire free VMB 4000

S7 edge

and Apple laptop and other equipment

All had the same notification

hard2access
Aspirant
Aspirant

Read that Netgear and Arlo are separating into 2 businesses

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Janet59 wrote:

Yes, unfortunately my phone just doesn't have this option. When I am on the screen that says I need to log back in the only thing I have is the little square to close out, the little circle in the middle that takes me back to my home screen and an arrow on the left to go to the previous screen.

Sure it does. It'sthat square - I said 1 or 2 squares. Click on it and then the "X" for Arlo.

Janet59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks. I did try clicking on the square a few times. It closed out as expected but when I tried again I still had to keep signing in. Worth a try though so I am glad it worked for some folks.

Ladydubriz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having this problem, just started about 3 weeks ago. How do I resolve this???
Yeolmu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has logged out THREE TIMES today. For **bleep**s sake what a complete waste of money spending it on junk like this. Such a regret!! Stupid useless developers and customer service. Christ.

hard2access
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro wire free VMB 4000. Tried everything I've seen on here. Nothing seems to work. Read that Netgear and Arlo are separating into two different businesse, so that may be the problem. So I downloaded the Wink app it helps with not having the banner and re-login issue but there is a delay. You have to use your Arlo Id in setup. Wink is a home automation app.