Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

173 REPLIES 173
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

go here for warranty;

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jeannuis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
Thank you for the response
But that link wont show the warranty, only the support page
Jean
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the point - contact support for a warranty claim.

jeannuis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a arlo camera with a nasty red color cast

the reply was to use support for a warranty

the only place I end up is exact here

asking again how to obtain warranty for what is clearly a recall issue

jean

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. On the 3rd page you'll find options to open a case.

Cycle
Aspirant
Aspirant
poor technology and customer service. we still have one camera that is and all we get are excuses. further unless the motions comes from the far right or left they record nothing. we can walk directly into the camera and picks up nothing.
Cycle
Aspirant
Aspirant
was it ever resolved????
Techy1atX
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I bought it at Costco, how do I get a replacement camera?

brh
Master
Master

@Techy1atX

If it is still under warranty contact customer support.

Brian

sf1961
Aspirant
Aspirant

The display screen is showing a red tint during daylight. Can you please detail the steps to contact support? The chat screen is not working, 

brh
Master
Master

@sf1961

Probably need to phone them as I don't know if the live chat and email contact are still working. The link is:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Scroll down to find the phone number.

Brian

Gork9d9
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera has a red tint too - and I see I am supposed to contact support for this.

However I am on a Mac and Chrome gives an error when I try to Chat:

The chat window may only be launched from a button -- you cannot access it directly.

It doesn't work at all with Safari.

I enabled javascript, updated flash, and allowed pop ups to no avail.

I am unable to make voice calls at this time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Gork9d9,

Try to reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. 

Gork9d9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I took out the batteries, charged them all night, and put them in. Also rebooted the whole system. Attached screen shot.

RocknessMonster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Following...I am having the same exact issue. Tried chat as well and it says it is unavailable.  Tried removing batteries and so on and same result.  Costs money I beleive to call support so here I am on a community forum for something that is a warranty issue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, doesn't cost anything to call support.

RocknessMonster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks jguerdat. I went back to the Arlo Support page and read this...

“Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription. After 90 days, phone support for non-subscribers is available for a small charge to help with advanced features, interfacing non-ARLO products, configuring large networks, and more. Local telephone fees may apply. Please check with your phone service provider.”

I mistook this for basic Arlo support. Thanks for verifying that this is doesn’t apply to my situation. I’ll call support in the morning.
Gork9d9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I responded that I did that, but haven't gotten a response yet.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me help create a case for you so our support team can help you out. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Srdavis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have continually had problems with my cameras displaying red or pink tinted image during the day.

Customer service has been very exacerbating!!! I've replaced multiple cameras sometimes the swap works sometimes it doesn't.

In reading over the responses on this board I tried something that seems to work.

You do need to take the camera down which can be difficult if you're not home.

But I took the camera down I remove the batteries I put the batteries back in and and tapped the camera against my palm to see if that might reset the stuck ir filter. I then put the camera sitting on the lens on my desk and turned it on. This showed a black image on the arlo app. I paused the feed and repositioned the camera sitting on its bottom and turned on the live feed again. The image is back to normal colors
I will see how long this lasts.
that10pin
Aspirant
Aspirant

that10pin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same problem, removed and replaced the batteries and all is fine now.

Bsiegman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sceens shoot front door bell.jpgSceens shoot front door.jpg

I am having the same problem, I have pulled batteries and reset system. The Camara at the front door and the door bell both have a red tint to the picture. I just installed the door bell today 1/3/2019. As soon as I activated it it had the red tinted picture sam as the camra.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Bsiegman,

I will send you a private message to gather more information from you and help create a case for you so our support team can help you with your camera showing a red tint on the picture.