Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

173 REPLIES 173
paulmiller
Guide
Guide

Update to my red tint issue. Only my outdoor camera was displaying the red tint. My indoor camera is working fine.

I took the entire system down. Removed the app from my phone, reinstalled and set things up like they were new.

That seemed to correct things for now,but let's give it a few days.

One other annoying thing I discovered. My outdoor camera points south-west. At sunset, the motion detection senses motion several times when the sun is glaring at the camera, low on the horizon. Sometimes so much, I need to shut it off.

~Paul

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried that and it lasted two days before the dreaded pink picture came back. Hope you have better luck! 

pagalavan
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my 2 Arlo cameras started to show the videos in pink/red hue. Is this a known problem? I would like to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, hardware issue.  Contact support and open a case.

daYanx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the pink hue for some time.  I did the battery thing and it kinda corrected it for a few days and then it went back to pink hue.  Of the 4 cameras it is the only one without overhead protection.  I first thought it was because it had rained, but now I think it may be because of the sun.  Who knows.  I'm afraid to switch it with one of my other ones in case it is the sun that did it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's not the sun nor the rain. It's a hardware issue that only replacement will fix.
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

When my camera developed the now infamous pink picture, it was outside under a overhang and never in the path of direct sunlight. I'm curious if anyone has an indoor camera that showed the pink picture? Maybe we can troubleshoot as it is apparently not really a concern of Netgear Arlo. 

pagalavan
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my case, the video was pinkish for a few days and magically became normal later (touchwood)... I didn't do anything and my device is under the roof and not directly exposed to sunlight or rain, for that matter.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's a hardware problem that only can be permanently fixed by replacement. Open a case with support.
Vivekpaul
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just had one of my cameras go pink as well. Impossible to connect with support. The link keeps saying failure occurred. Poor product should not be matched by poor service. Good companies go bust like this.

Have tried resetting, no luck, will try support again tomorrow.
DDNJOHN
Aspirant
Aspirant

BOUGHT 3 CAMERAS. 2 are showing red now and one won't work at all.  I read the tech bulletins and apparently you know of the problem and just keep sending replacement cameras.  If that is true then I need 3.

pagalavan
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my case, I had the problem on only one of the 2 cameras. The problem existed for a week or so and disappeared.!  So, it looks good (touchwood :-)) now.!

EaglesNest
Tutor
Tutor

How do I open a case for a hardware issue?  

I bought 4 pack system from BB for Christmas for home insalled on Jan 2 or 3rd.....Immediately had one camera (1) over garage/droveway location that had constant red tint during daytime.  After browsing here and reading suggestions I have to physically get on ladder and remove camera from fixed mount and shut off, remove batteries, re-install batteries and turn on again.

This usually fixes the issue and the picture returns to normal HD quality with normal color perspective consistent with other cameras on system.  this problem continues to occur and now requires occasional light tapping of the unit on the palm / soft part of hand.  Their is an audible click it seems for the night vision filter to turn on and off I suspect.

Regardless, I want to return exchange this camera for replacement - a $500 investment should not require climbing a ladder once a week to manually turn off, uninstall batteries, soft tap and restart and pray again.

Video of my system issue/ red tint here:   https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/85CEB709F930BDDA_201704

Video of normal camera color rendition here: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/BF71E7BE120163E2_201704

Screenshot of Library:  2017-04-04 00_29_45-#_calendar_201704_20170403_day -.png

Note time of day is minutes apart and Red Tint on driveway cam / Color differences

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.  Several options for support.

Rickg737
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have camera issues as well all 5 cameras are synced to the same base station when the 1080p camera is working the others are lost in space and vice versa I've rebooted the box and have upgraded to the newest Netgear router and still dinosaur slow on notification???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're describing but it may be due to upload speeds.  Use speedtest.net to check your speeds and post here.

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you have good signal strength from the cameras in their current location? 

NorNor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried replacing my batteries but that didn't work. I will be contacting support for help. 

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Let us know the outcome. 

NorNor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I tried replacing the batteries but it didn't help.  I have also tried opening a ticket on your website twice and I never get a response from anyone. I purchased my cameras in June of last year. 

Can someone please help?

scottk9127
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same problem here and it sounds like they haven't been very responsive.  Nevertheless I e-mailed support today.

JoeDaddy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo sucks.  My cam is red screened and no solution

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sure there is, just as stated a million times before. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
EaglesNest
Tutor
Tutor

Created a ticket and after a lost package on 4-19 (FedEx issue) I finally received my replacement camera and all is back up and running well - so far so good.  I would encourage others with same problem to create a ticket with excellent detail and I am sure as long as you bought from authorized retailer things will move along.  

NorNor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Eaglesnest,

I have created 2 tickets and have never received a response from them. The fact that they charge you to call them is ludicrous! What kind of customer support is that?