Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

173 REPLIES 173
Rickg737
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of the 4 cameras is having the pink tint should I go there the netgear team or I have it on a two year insurance plan threw best buy I too have been on hold for way to long
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Are you sure your insurance plan is threw Best Buy and not through Best Buy?

Shagrag
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also got the red tint after just 2 weeks of ownership and Netgear wont replace it because it wasnt bought from an "approved seller" which is very poor on Netgears part as this is obvioulsy a widespread manufacturing fault! just cause i bought it from ebay doesnt mean this problem doesnt apply to me, it was brand new in a unopened box! not happy at all as it took 2 weeks for support to come back to me with this conclusion.

jackieinnj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did all the recommended treatments for the red tint.  My red tint happens intermittantly and i am discovering it may be due to the weather.  Last week was cold and i had the red tint.  Today is mild and there is no red tint.  Who knows?

thumpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

On Mine I figured out that the camera that would show a red tint was facing into the sun in the morning.  At first when I changed the batteries it fixed it but then that didn't work.  That camera was replaced 2 times under warranty.  After I got a 3rd camera I changed the way they were pointing and haven't had the issue since.

ETA:  I have the Elite subscription so I think that helps when I call support.  

Shagrag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I've a feeling that could be contributing to the problem, I fixed mine yesterday by turning the camera upside down and tapping/banging it into my hand and after last night the red tint is back but only halfway up the picture, the weather herehas recently turned warmer so maybe that is the reason it's not completely red? think I may just turn off the infra-red all together and see how it's goes, the street lights are pretty good at lighting the areas the camera is pointing at anyway.
Thienphuocthach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Don't ever buy or recommend to friends of Arlo cameras, cause they had very bad quality and also very expensive cameras. Lets posted on Facebook so everyone knows about Netgear Arlo camera.
thumpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I have had problems with mine in the past Netgear has taken care of it every time.  I do recommend them to people where it fits the application.  Mine is a 3 camera system and my friend has the 5 camera system.  He is not at all tech savvy and has never had a problem setting it up or working it.

awdwill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same crap happened to me. Bought brand new on ebay, netgear escalated it and concluded that they won't help me at all with the red tint

thumpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Most electronics companies do this unless you buy from an authorized dealer. I used to be big into car audio. I would pay the extra to get it from an authorized dealer. The companies have no idea how the items were handled by some discounter. They could even be stolen or knock off products if you don't buy from an authorized dealer.  Also, like I posted before they gave me excellent support and replaced anything quickly. 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Although Netgear's written warranty may only apply for authorized merchants, there is usually an implied warranty for fitness for use regardless of where you buy it from.  If it can be proven that this is likely a design defect rather than a "handling" issue, then Netgear may be required to fix it whatever their warranty is.  If the product is advertised to do something, then it needs to do it.  I am not a lawyer, but I am concerned that we are talking about a product design defect here.  It seems to me to be too common to be anything else.

Itw78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just had the issue show up on my camera
flyinhawaiian84
Tutor
Tutor

After my camera fell out of tree, I noticed a red tint.  Not sure if falling out of the tree was the cause.  Rather surprised to see so many had run across the same problem.  Followed one of the suggestions and  opened the battery door and then closed it.  Thankfully that did the trick.

Itw78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted Arlo support and sent me out a replacement even though I sent it Canada instead of US, but got replacement camera all set up now
flyinhawaiian84
Tutor
Tutor

After reviewing recorded videos I noticed mine turned pink after it fell (from tree mount).  So a fall, in my case is the culprit.  Opened battery compartment and closed it.  That fixed it. 

fred1029
Guide
Guide

TINT  it is not a tint it is the camera STUCK IN IR mode!!!

just tap it until you get the right colors. I did it and it worked!!! Keep tapping it or hit it with your fingers hard and it will come back!!!!

Let me know if it worked for you.

fred

fred1029
Guide
Guide

tint, just tap the camera hard but don't break it. It is STUCK in IR mode and isn't coming out that is why if you look you will notice that your eyes look as though they are being seen in the dark with a Infa red camera. You'll get it back just keep taping and try it

let me know

fred

fred1029
Guide
Guide

purplegunk wrote:

I'm having the same problem now too! Grrr.  Someone from Netgear please PM me!

tint, just tap the camera hard but don't break it. It is STUCK in IR mode and isn't coming out that is why if you look you will notice that your eyes look as though they are being seen in the dark with a Infa red camera. You'll get it back just keep taping and try it

let me know

fred

fred1029
Guide
Guide

Debandtom wrote:
I also have a red tint that started yesterday

let me know

fred

fred1029
Guide
Guide

tint it is the ir. It isn't changing back. just shake the hell out of it or tap it hard but not to hard and it will come back. You can tell it is the IR because when you look at it in the tint if you look at the eyes you see it looks like night vision, and that is what it is. Shake it back!!!!!!

fred

let me know if you got it to work

fred@nauticom.net

fred1029
Guide
Guide

tint it is the ir. It isn't changing back. just shake the hell out of it or tap it hard but not to hard and it will come back. You can tell it is the IR because when you look at it in the tint if you look at the eyes you see it looks like night vision, and that is what it is. Shake it back!!!!!!

fred

fred@nauticom.net

Beach20 wrote:

Not that I really think the requirement for the photos, battery swap and reboot is overly burdensome on its face value. It is just that I purchased these cameras to monitor a vacation home in Florida, so not so easy to jump thru those hoops from a 1000 miles away. I sent a link to my video feed, why do I need to Fly to Florida

fred1029
Guide
Guide

fred

fred@nauticom.net

b1500
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Only displays red. Removed bateries, replaced with new ones no luck. Could you get it fixed? Or can it be replaced? My camera is 8 months old.

Itw78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Contact net gear they swapped mine for free
b1500
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there my camera has a red tint. I replaced batteries with new ones, replaced old one, no luck. Is there a way to fix this? My camera is 8 months old and never gets sun.

Looking forward to a reply.