Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SPDIF
Star
Star

Still stuck in "Getting Status" on my surfpads. Restarting, reinstalling does not work! Only way to get the status indication is to use an Android phone with version 8.0 or higher (surfpads has Android 6).

And since the last firmware "update" the picture resolution has decreased and status changes over the phone when connected to a mobile network dose NOT function!

Any company selling "Security products" and that has an active customer forum and choose to NOT monitor or respond to their customers problems is grossly mismanaged an an example of utter corporate stupidity.

53 REPLIES 53
gyang
Star
Star

YES.

The error message was from the link

jami0821
Initiate
Initiate

In my case, I added my partner's account to the system, they received an email and accepted the invitation, but when they viewed the camera, all they could see was this "Getting status..." message. 

What resolved this for me was making sure the account had access rights.

Go to Settings > Grant Access > click the account > Edit > turn on "Allow Access Rights"

Once I did this, they could view the cameras live.

Rcnorth
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to view any video from my cameras.  The iOS app is stuck on "getting status" and when I try to login on a webpage I am getting an error about Flash needing an upgrade.  I am unable to upgrade the Flash as it is a work computer and it is locked down.  

The website needs to be switched to not use Flash as Adobe no longer support Flash after 2020  https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Rcnorth
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked for me too, but you shouldn't have to give everyone admin rights to be able to view the cameras.