Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SPDIF
Star
Star

Still stuck in "Getting Status" on my surfpads. Restarting, reinstalling does not work! Only way to get the status indication is to use an Android phone with version 8.0 or higher (surfpads has Android 6).

And since the last firmware "update" the picture resolution has decreased and status changes over the phone when connected to a mobile network dose NOT function!

Any company selling "Security products" and that has an active customer forum and choose to NOT monitor or respond to their customers problems is grossly mismanaged an an example of utter corporate stupidity.

53 REPLIES 53
gyang
Star
Star

There is NO response from Arlo after ticket has created for a week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Follow up on your own. Don't let the ticket close - pester them.

SPDIF
Star
Star

Still the same problem. Almost all the time no status on phones or surpads, frequent drop out of base staion connections.

When, or if !!!, a movement is detected it takes ages before the recording can be seen. And recordings from all of my four cameras has a very low resolution since the last "update".

No help from Arlo suppport!

It seems to me that Arlo has stopped giving support to older versions of cameras, instead only concentration in pouring out new models.

Presently rewieving other manufacturers solutions as Arlo is NOT a security system anymore!

Apprentice
Apprentice
This morning my cams are stuck on "getting status". There is nothing wrong with the Internet service I'm using. Despite the status stall I'm still getting notifications messages. The level of reliability is going down hill. Please have some decency and take care of your customers.
papagonzo
Guide
Guide

Looks like you are using the Arlo Pro system so I can't say that your out of luck because your using the Arlo basic/legacy system but based on the numerous threads and complaints about the "getting status" and in my case occasional "Base station is offline" messages, there's something SERIOUSLY up on the company end and no one seems to be alerting their customers or indicating that a fix is in progress.

I purchased another system a few days ago (Amazon Cloud Cam) and despite not having all the features of the Arlo system, I'm very happy so far with the performance. Resolution in particular seems much better than what I had with my basic Arlo system.

Rob773851
Initiate
Initiate
Stuck in getting status
Flythor
Initiate
Initiate
After trying everything on this thread, still Stuck in getting status...
Kenri
Guide
Guide

Still having the getting status issue. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'm thinking I need to start looking for alternative camera solutions. I'm open to suggestions of reliable security camera solutions if anyone has some.

gyang
Star
Star

it gets better after upgrade app to new version 2.7.11_25630.

it used to be version 2.7.10_25620

ashearer321
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem and it is very frustrating I have restarted everything, unsynced and resynced cameras, reinstalled app and nothing works. I rely on these to watch for animals to be born on to make sure mother cows dont need assistance.
papagonzo
Guide
Guide

Abandon the system and move onto something more reliable. Netgear clearly isn't doing anything to correct these issues and leaving their customers to struggle with a defective product platform. There are better systems out there but compare features as no two are completely the same. I switched to Amazon Cloud Cam and have been very pleased with the performance and reliability.

paulieqwerty
Initiate
Initiate

It's atrocious customer service. When Arlo sees so many people having the same problem then it isn't a random issue caused by a particular phone or phone operating system and should not require turning on and off the base, your phone, or anything else.  Some of these chats are marked "solved" though if all of these people keep haing this same issue - it isnt solved.  

My camera worked fine until it updated firmware -  now constant "getting status" message with the occasional "you are not connected to the internet."  This is an Arlo issue - post solutions on the home page.  This is awful customer service.

paulieqwerty
Initiate
Initiate

It's atrocious customer service. When Arlo sees so many people having the same problem then it isn't a random issue caused by a particular phone or phone operating system and should not require turning on and off the base, your phone, or anything else.  Some of these chats are marked "solved" though if all of these people keep haing this same issue - it isnt solved.  

My camera worked fine until it updated firmware -  now constant "getting status" message with the occasional "you are not connected to the internet."  This is an Arlo issue - post solutions on the home page.  This is awful customer service.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup am experiencing same thing. What's crazy is seems they installed fake users here calling ppl out for complaining. This is a security system and any minute it's offline is not good. We have a right to post and complain.
Jlew4
Star
Star

We have the right to a system that actually works and doesn't leave us UNprotected.  ARLO has really shown how much they care about their customers (not a bit).

Bikecop8676
Initiate
Initiate
I've had the Arlo Pro system for a week now and I'm experiencing the "getting status" message all day. I'm the primary account holder but my wife has access. She can see the live feeds, control the cameras etc. I still get motion alerts and can view them with no problem but I can't see the live feeds, control cameras etc. Why does this "getting status" error seem to be such a problem with Arlo and should I return them before my 15 day return option is up?
SPDIF
Star
Star

My advice is to return the cameras and use your money to buy a professional security system. I have given up on Arlo, in my opinion the company has since long abandoned their original products and are only working on pouring out new models.

Extremely bad customer service, extremely long response times to serious problems (if ever). I feel that they are regarding Arlo as a toy (all be it a costly one), definitely not regarding it as a security system. Which today it´s NOT

papagonzo
Guide
Guide

As already recommended, return your system and move to something with reliable service and support from the manufacturer. I was without reliable service and stuck in the "getting status" dilemma for a month. Tried every fix recommended by Arlo and users on this forum... no dice. Switched to another camera system  and have had no issues since and much more responsive customer support.

rvsurg
Aspirant
Aspirant

same problem with app on line works but app is useless at getting information  stuck in getting staus reinsting app makes no difference rebooting base station useless  just put in new batteries as well 

gyang
Star
Star

The same problem occurs again after the firmware upgrade.

There is no problem on Web portal

I seems like many people have same problem intermittently.

Donot know why Arlo can not resolve this problem permanently or will lose many customers.

Base firmware version: 1.14.0.2_2776

Camera firmware version: 1..92.0.23_32920

gyang
Star
Star

one more thing  I found out that the phone app can not reconnect the network after it wakes up from sleep mode.

It shows this error message when open the app:

"You are not connected to the internet. Please check your connection"

However, the network is working for every other apps.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

gyang
Star
Star

Tried. But, got error message:

There was an error processing your request.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you try and use the link I provided above?

Jlew4
Star
Star

Of COURSE we've tried customer service.  Can't you see the many, MANY complaints saying customer service isn't helping?!