Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
atbroome
Guide
Guide

So asking customers to jump through unecessary debugging steps and then making them pay to exchange a defective product is "solved"?  My camera just did this after 2.5 months.  I wont be buying any more Arlos or recomending to anyone unless/until Netgear admits they have a hardware issue and corrects it properly.

DMES
Tutor
Tutor

Couldn't agree more. It is clear that Netgear are knowingly shipping defective equipment (four of my ten cameras have exhibited this defect so far) and when you raise it as an issue, you have to try numerous steps to demonstrate that it's a dud and then PAY to return it. Absolutely disgraceful.

Wellcraft24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issues. 1 out of 5 cameras has a red tint. Try all of the above nothing worked for more than a couple hours.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wellcraft24,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Dbloom4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem
Dbloom4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having a problem with camara is red
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dbloom4,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Familyofcampers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,
I have one camera out of the four that displays a reddish/pink tint. I have reset the router, took the batteries out waited a few minutes and put them back in, and I've also replaced the batteries...still has that tint to it. All of my cameras are outside. Is there a way to fix that? Have had this system since April and just the last 2 weeks that one camera shows that tint. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solution has been posted here many times.  You only need to look back a page or two to see that contacting support for a trouble ticket is what's needed.

Edit: - actually, the post above yours has the information needed.

Familyofcampers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you.
Brianmcg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the system today from Costco and I have the reddish hue issue on one camera. How do I fix or should I return the cameras to Costco?
Chas_K
Guide
Guide
Costco has a great return policy; return the set to them. It will cost you postage frustration and time to get warranty compensation from Netgear; their warranty totally sucks.
SteffenGunneng
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! One of my cameras has now also turned red/pink. See this is a common issue, please help me.

Steffen G
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SteffenGunneng,

JamesC

TARagsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the red image too... Sigh.  Rose colored glasses are overrated.  HELP!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TARagsdale,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Brewyc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still waiting for a responce from Netgear it just started to read or focus Red or Hot Pink haha it seems like it's a common problem. I then did all the common opened and closed the unit moved the batteries then it cleared up until I reinstalled the unit back to hot pink even worse I am real close to my warranty I hope get satisfaction but you know how that goes thanks for reading
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brewyc,

JamesC

robceo
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

robceo,

JamesC

Dinahlynch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having issues with our camera with pink picture. The unit is about a month old.
Dinahlynch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried all the solutions posted her without any luck.
lasermonkey
Star
Star

Guys, it's time for netgear to do a mass recall. I got a 3 camera systems. ALL 3 OF THE CAMERAS HAVE FAILED WITH THE RED SCREEN.

Not good enough.

lasermonkey
Star
Star

I don't want to send my cameras back for replacement as I've done this twice already with the retailer.

When will a new camera be released that does not have this issue with the red lense?

lasermonkey wrote:

Guys, it's time for netgear to do a mass recall. I got a 3 camera systems. ALL 3 OF THE CAMERAS HAVE FAILED WITH THE RED SCREEN.

Not good enough.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dinahlynch, lasermonkey

JamesC