Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

My family has both iPad and iPhone 6 Pluses installed with iOS v8.1.3 and Netgear Arlo (since 2/25/2015 night PST) apps. iPhones used show notification alerts from these installed apps before I turned off the base station yesterday morning, with its power button, for maintenance work on the physical home (too many e-mails and app alerts!).

After several hours, I physically powered it back on, iPhones no longer get Arlo apps' notifications. However, iPad's app gets the notifications. E-mailed alert notifications worked though. The weird part is that iPad never got these alerts before I powered off and on the base station. Only iPhones did. Now, it is reversed! Family member uses the same The "Friends" account, with full administrator access, under my primary account that I made when setting up Arlo if that matters.

What's wrong? We tried rebooting Netgear Arlo's base station through its web site, logging off and in again, checked settings online and in iOS apps, uninstalling and reinstalling apps in iPhones, etc.

Thank you in advance.

88 REPLIES 88
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Stuge wrote:

Push notifications to iPhone iOS 7.1.2 not working now.  Arlo has been working brilliantly since installation several months ago.  I have checked each camera setting in both the iOS app and also web interface to confirm that push notifications are on as well as email notifications.  The emails are being sent, but not push alerts.  iOS settings reviewed and nothing has changed except for the automatic Arlo app upgrades.  Only using the 1 main account for monitoring and alerts.

Come on Arlo, this is a key feature of the product and needs to be fixed.  Arlo was a breeze to setup with all features working out of the box and that is part of the joy of this product. If this feature isn't remedied, the product no longer does what I need.  Help!

iOS v7 is pretty old. Try v9?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stuge,

Did you follow the steps posted above by Fasrcare to make sure push notifications are enabled for each of your cameras rules?

Fasrcare wrote: 

Try this for iPhone Push Notifications not working--

1- Open Arlo app on your phone

2-Go to MODE

3-press " All Motion on"> Pencil icon

4-Go to  "All Motion on" and press

5- Go to each of your Camera ID and hit the Pencil icon

6- Scroll to the "Push Notification" and  check it

Do this with each of your camera ID , so that each will send a "push notification"

PS: don't forget to check "Settings" on your Iphone, scroll to ARLO and "Allow Notications"  as well.

Hope this helps!

benjemmo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too. Not been working for months now. Very frustrating. Tried everything but no luck
benjemmo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually, scrap that. Did the steps detailed by JamesC and its sorted for me now. Sure those settings weren't there last time I tried. Anyway, all sorted now.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

benjemmo,

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the future!

JamesC

Unknown77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting any push notifications as of yesterday
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting notifications
Not always recording when Detecting motion
Not getting emails either
Does anyone know what's going on everything was fine stopped working after 11.30am uk time 16th December 2016
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problems here in Rochester, NY. My server resolves to Ireland.  Must be a specific connection.

Kakrichard
Aspirant
Aspirant
Started having problem this morning regarding no push or email notifications. Reset and logged on and off with no success. Help!
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too done everything I could possibly do with no joy there phonelime is on a wait time of 40mins so
There is obviously an issue hopefully it will be fixed soon...have you emailed them I have
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you also in the U.K.?
Unknown77
Aspirant
Aspirant
South Florida here
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EVERYONE:

Try this test just to collect a little info.  Open a command window on a computer and type:

ping arlo.netgear.com

and post the result don't sweat the lack of response - we just want to see what server is resolved.

There are ping apps for phones, too, if you want to use one of those.

dmafitness
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine isn't sending push notifications either, Jacksonville Fl
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry I don't understand what you want me to do I don't have access to computer I'm using an iPhone could you do step by step how to do what your asking please
SMichaelG2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still not receiving notifications. I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled, deleted the mode and set back up, re-synced all cameras, and restarted the base station. I also did a hard reset of my phone. It works fine otherwise, but I do not get push notifications. I might also mention that I checked my notification settings as well. Please let me know what I can do to fix. I have 9 cameras on a premier account, FYI
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done all what you've done
I'm not getting notifications & it's not always recording when motion is detected:@(
Dunno what else to do
So frustrating I now have cameras that do not work
Pibble18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue in Norwalk, CT - last push notification was at 5:28 pm last night...

No push alerts or recordings today, although I can see the live feed.

Resetting modem doesn't help...

jjjjkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo cameras are not sending push notices to my I phone
Nikki198606
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you guys sent email with issue I have hoping they sort the issue out assp
Jay88
Aspirant
Aspirant

having the same problem since this morning as well. - Toronto, Canada

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for any inconvenience. Engineering is aware of an issue with iOS push notifications and is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible. I will post an update here as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

Skoda
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem on Android 7.1.1
cissovereign
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Push randomly stopped working. Called customer support. Waited for an hour, gave them my information, they said they were getting lots of complaints. I waited another 30 minutes on hold and was hung up on.

Overall:

- Motion detection is now recording (wasn't over the past 12 hours)

- Push for iOS still not working. 

jjjjkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm in Texas and mine stopped working this morning.