Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Is Not Recording To My Library

Discussion stats
azvtx0
Initiate
Initiate

As of 4:00 p.m. on 8 July 2018, my system stopped recording detected motion.  I've rebooted/restarted the base station.  I confirmed through the home screen that the base station and all cameras are armed.  I'm able to see live views through the cameras but can't see any recorded activity.  The system worked fine until 4:00 p.m. on the 8th.  I didn't change anything with my home internet system, etc., then, so I can't think of why it stopped working.  Apologies for what seems like a duplicative post but the system wouldn't let me add to an existing thread from two years ago.  Thank you. 

86 REPLIES 86
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab blavk or gray? Check your modes to verify that an approprite one is selected.

Fremwob
Initiate
Initiate
Exact same issue. Since 8th July. No motion detected video despite loads of motion. Need those videos urgently. Please resolve. Recording manually worked to library just now. Man is black in both cameras. Mode is armed and setting for motion are good.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fremwob,

If no motion was detected, no recordings will be present in the library. Are you using the default "Armed" mode? If you walk in front of the camera, does it trigger and record motion?

JamesC

azvtx0
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for the responses.  Yes, the running men were black, not grey.  Everything was armed.  I've had the cameras and system for about 12 months and have recorded plenty of activity every day since installation.  For reasons I can't understand, the system stopped recording at the date/time indicated in my original message.  I restarted/rebooted the base unit a second time, which appears to have worked.  Unfortunately, I had an incident occur during the window of time the system stopped recording (which is how I realized the system stopped working the prior day).  

Arlo_User88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is not recording to Library 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See the post in the Arlo Stories section here.

Arlo_User88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  Arlo has now begun recording again.  It was an issue at Arlo and or Netgear.  There has been ongoing intermittent issues on the Arlo/netgear side which cause recording not to work.  At least the notifications of motion detection sent to iphone still work however during these outages.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Arlo_User88,

On Sep 8th we were aware that some Arlo users were experiencing issues with motion recordings and push notifications. This problem has since been resolved.

cameo40
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Fremwob wrote:
Exact same issue. Since 8th July. No motion detected video despite loads of motion. Need those videos urgently. Please resolve. Recording manually worked to library just now. Man is black in both cameras. Mode is armed and setting for motion are good.

Ditto here since about end of August. It was about the time I received a promo email from Arlo about pricing different services and I thought maybe my free recording period was a trial period that just expired, so I subscribed to the basic service, just under $3/month.

That did not change the situation however. So I am now paying for nothing.

DaveMarkB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a brand new Arlo two camera wire free system which is not recording video or sending notifications. I have checked all settings and eeverything seems OK, the system is armed , motion is set, cameras are working in live mode and I have done a motion test and the orange light flashes. On the devices screen the running man is black (not grey) and I have plenty of battery and good signal.

I have good high speed internet and have never had troubles with data streaming.

Please help a security system that does not record or send notifications is no use to me!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Look in your library and verify you don't have a filter set. The funnel icon at the top should be empty, not filled in green. If filled, click on the funnel and reset it to clear all and save. Better now?

DaveMarkB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for replying Im using the Arlo App on iphone. When i go to library there is no filter icon just the word filter in green. When I select this i go to a page and none of the filters such as motion, audio are selected. I have tried selecting and deselecting them all and still nothing in the library. Also no email notifications (my email address has been confirmed) I have just walked past an active camera in the dark. The red night vision lights come on and there is a faint click from the camera so i think it is active and detecting-but still no recording or notifications. I have two cameras and there is no recording from both. Is there anything else i can try? Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, retart the base and test. Then remove a camera from Settings, My Devices and test. If still no good, go nuts and factory reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go. PITA but that should fix any weirdnesses.

Cagnulein
Star
Star

I have the same issue since this morning. Some videos have been recorded, other not from the same camera. I received all the notifications correctly. Internet connection is ok.

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

ShayneS  so by fixed you mean you have no idea what your company is doing and you have it broken all over again!  Guess what my system is not doing again today?  

How do you justify this horrable customer service?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The engineering team is investigating reports of users experiencing this issue and we're working toward a resolution. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DaveMarkB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just to let you know my system started recording yesterday (9th Oct 2018) I didnt take any action at my end as to be honest I had given up and was just about to return the system to the retailer for a refund. I’m guessing this suggests an Arlo sustem issue ? Still no email notifications though. Are you meant to get an email each time the system records?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DaveMarkB,

You will receive an email alert every time a video reaches your library after recording an event. Have you checked your junk/spam folder? You can also add another email address under the mode you are using. Select email alerts > Pencil Icon > Add another email and press the plus sign.

rmorrison
Guide
Guide

Mine is still not recording all motion. Only sometimes. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rmorrison,

What exactly are the issues you are experiencing?

rmorrison
Guide
Guide

I am receiving a motion alert but nothing is showing in the library. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rmorrison,

Do you have a smart subscription?

rmorrison
Guide
Guide

No, it was working before but suddenly stopped. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

rmorrison,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.