Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
azvtx0
Initiate
Initiate

As of 4:00 p.m. on 8 July 2018, my system stopped recording detected motion.  I've rebooted/restarted the base station.  I confirmed through the home screen that the base station and all cameras are armed.  I'm able to see live views through the cameras but can't see any recorded activity.  The system worked fine until 4:00 p.m. on the 8th.  I didn't change anything with my home internet system, etc., then, so I can't think of why it stopped working.  Apologies for what seems like a duplicative post but the system wouldn't let me add to an existing thread from two years ago.  Thank you. 

86 REPLIES 86
Ashlim
Aspirant
Aspirant
What was the answer to this problem?
mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor

I still haven't found a resolution to my problem.  I'm really frustrated because I've purchased a system that only worked for ONE DAY and nobody seems to know what the issue is!!!  It just defeats the purpose of having a security camera system!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't report back after your previous post. I'll guess it didn't go well.

AT this point, you seem to have two options:

1) Remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base first and then sync the cameras. These things are computers and sometimes computers get goofy.

2) Use your existing case or open a new one with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Part of me does not want to post this because I feel like things might go south if I say something.  At Thankgiving I was having issues close to this.  I was about the toss the system in the trash.  I did a full system wipe. Did a complete hard reset of the base, unstalled the app, all cameras had fresh batteries, and just redid it all.  It was like unboxing it from new.  So far over these last 6+ weeks things have been working great.  It has been working fully to how I have been wanting this system to work from day one.  I even bought the one year subscription for 8 month price special the other week.  I just wish I knew what the cause was.  I did not want to post this till I had this system acting 100% right for at least a month.  

Happydayz42
Aspirant
Aspirant
Out of nowhere, my Arlo Pro went offline. So I took it down, reset it & recharged the battery thinking that was the issue since it started recording and sending notificatioms. Not so! Very next day it randomly goes offline and isn’t recording anything. This morning, I literally stood in front of it on my phone and watched the live stream but nada on the notification. I even pulled my car away - zilch. I haven’t even had this 20 days. I called customer service and after about 20 mins holding, someone came on the line and hung up. Doesn’t bode well for me keeping a $400 camera that intemittently works 20 days in. 😕

Any advice would be appreciated.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Happydayz42

What firmware version is the camera running? Is the base station up to date with the latest version? I have attached a link to our latest updates - Firmware

Dtellstarr
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 of my cameras stopped recording. I have spent so much time troubleshooting and they still are not recording.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a browser, not the app, to check and set your modes, rules and schedule. I've had a few things changed on me that I had to fix.

Dz0
Guide
Guide

Only solution I have found is to trash the Arlo.  I'll sell it and buy something else.  

EElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo pro sometimes misses a recording. Most of the time it picks up every motion, but today a package was delivered, the delivery person took a photo of where the package was left, but none of this was recorded by my arlo. my arlo does pick up motion exactly where the package was delivered. Why would the arlo pro record sometimes and not others?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you apparently have two cameras recording the same location, it may be that the Pro camera has a bad angle for motion to be across the FOV. It could also be the sensitivity setting needs to be tweaked on the Pro - I doubt the settings are exactly the same between models or even necessarily between the same model cameras.

jandersonhill
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here for five weeks now. Managed to get them working again, but for around 48 hours, after a complete reset (including taking the cameras down to link them back to the base unit). Last support request ignored so far.

I’m coming to the slow conclusion that Arlo doesn’t work and they don’t care. If so, this was a complete waste of £1000+ and £120 pa to subscribe to recordings that don’t record.