Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
azvtx0
Initiate
Initiate

As of 4:00 p.m. on 8 July 2018, my system stopped recording detected motion.  I've rebooted/restarted the base station.  I confirmed through the home screen that the base station and all cameras are armed.  I'm able to see live views through the cameras but can't see any recorded activity.  The system worked fine until 4:00 p.m. on the 8th.  I didn't change anything with my home internet system, etc., then, so I can't think of why it stopped working.  Apologies for what seems like a duplicative post but the system wouldn't let me add to an existing thread from two years ago.  Thank you. 

86 REPLIES 86
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

CatLadyDNA,

Have you made sure your base station & devices firmware are up to date? Have you tried to reboot your base station?

Angelito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes, i called Arlo support and did everything they asq.

Check the Arlo report (emailed to me):

The Case with Reference Number - 40545224 is awaiting your inputs. Please provide your inputs so that the Case can be worked on further.

Your Case Details - 
Case Number - 40545224
Summary - offline
Description - -cx told that he was not able to see video on camera
--asked cx to reset the base station
-guided through steps to reset the base station
-base station was successfully added
-guided through steps to add camera
-camera were successfully added
-still camera was not recording videos
-asked cx to keep all camera near the base station for overnight
-case no. was provided
-eoc
Case Created on - 10/29/2018

Thank you for choosing Arlo.

Team Arlo

KG56
Aspirant
Aspirant
My front camera has same issue. Stopped recording and sending emails or updates. Rear camera is operational. WTH?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

KG56,

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again?

Dz0
Guide
Guide

This is a systemic issue and needs to be addressed.  The only way I can fix this issue, which recurrs consistently is by removing my devices, re-syncing to base station, and re-setting up all my custom settings.

The camera still records, I know it does because I'm on of the few idiots that pays for Arlo Smart Premier + CVR.  I can see the alerts as green bars in my CVR.  I know the camera is not malfunctioning else those green bars (indicating activity) would not exists in the CVR.  I can also see the man turn from black to yellow when recording is supposed to occur.

There is a code issue with the Library that makes the library stop accepting new recordings at a random interval, even though the cameras are acting properly.  So the issue is probably base station code related.  The only thing that resets this for me is removing cameras and re-adding them as new.  

Ignoring this issue wont make it go away.

CatLadyDNA
Tutor
Tutor
It’s happened a few times to me now, too. I don’t want a solution to fix it anymore. I want it to stop happening. I don’t need a new chore in my life I have to do like “oh well the Arlo is on the fritz again...10 minute time out while I get it working again...” every once in a while...
GeorgeMadeira
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s gone on long enough. CatLadyDNA has summeo it up. Who needs the extra task she describes? I’m done. Scrapped the premium plan for the free one. My remaining 6 cameras will be replaced with Ring Stick Up cams when they start shipping in December. I hope they resolve the issue. As long as it has been going on, though, I’m afraid they won’t. It’s a shame cuz it’s a good product. But customer support on this issue is staining an otherwise good camera. Good luck everyone. I am OUT.
CatLadyDNA
Tutor
Tutor

Please, ShaneS, escalate this issue. It's happening to a lot of people. It's not just me. This needs to be de-bugged on Arlo's end. I LOVE these cameras and I am pretty upset. I don't want my money back or to complain as an angry customer. I want this product to function. I use these cameras to monitor my beloved pets, including my diabetic cat who is in remission. I need to see when he eats in order to monitor his health. I also have to work full time. This is so important to me. Please, I am begging you to try to get this looked at in a real way. 

mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same issue! I've reinstalled, rebooted and everything but still not working. There was an app update a few days ago and hasn't worked ever since. Please help!!!
CatLadyDNA
Tutor
Tutor
Try literally unplugging your base hub thingy and letting it sit for a minute and then plugging it back in. This worked for me. Not sure for how long it will stay, but it worked.
mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I'll try that when I get back home.  It's just frustrating...ugghhh!!!

mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor
Didn't work for me...ugghhh
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's the exact issue? Have you verified that the current mode selected allows recording (it's not the Disarmed mode) and the motion indicator(s) in the Devices tab are black and not gray? Can you live view? More details are better.

mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor

It's "armed" but the motion indicators are gray.  I can do live viewing but it's not detecting anything.  If I walk outside, move my car or anyone pulls up, it doesn't record but if I wave my hand really close directly in front of the camera it will record so I'm confused.  Please help!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would toggle the mode to Disarmed and back to Armed (or your custom mode) as well as rebooting the base and opening and closing the camera battery door. Might be worth checking the battery level, too.

While you're checking your mode, verify that the motion sensitivity hasn't somehow gotten reduced to nothing.

mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor
The battery level is at 87% and the motion sensitivity is at 80%. I've rebooted the base several times also and still get.the same results. When I get home, I'll take the batteries out and put them back in and see if that works. Thanks for your patience and help
CapeCodSharkBai
Initiate
Initiate

I have five cameras attached to my system....four of them are detecting and recording fine.  One camera is sending me push notifications and I can live view, but no recordings appear in the library after notification.  Any suggestions?

I see some others are having the same issues.  This system is only 2 months old.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all you can try is to reboot the base. Does this happen on both the app and the web browser?

jaydub88
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat Same . ive reset everything and nothing. might as well take them down

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here for a possible replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you , I sure will because I still haven't been able to get my system to work after trying everything that you all advised me to try.  Thanks again.

Malone646
Aspirant
Aspirant
I spoke to Arlo about this same symptom. They said the camera was stuck on SW update. I removed the batteries from one camera for 3-4 minutes (as suggested by Arlo support). I put the batteries back in all cameras began recording again. I tested in active and smartthings mode.
mlksmith
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home.  Thank you again.

EElaine
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera isn’t recording, detecting motion, or sending me push notifications on my iPhone. It’ is showing live views
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@EElaine

have you tried to reboot your base station & test again?