Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

364 REPLIES 364
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
As you can see from my previous message, this is not just a phone error, but a server error with Netgear.

MWBC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the Arlo APP not showing the MODE option. I just had an online chat with support for 30 minutes and there was no solution yet. Apparently Netgear is still looking into it. While waiting, I reset my base and re-paired all the cameras again (pain), the MODE option came back in APP, but once I tried to add a customized schedule it gave me an error message then the MODE disappreared again. I could change mode online though but it is really inconvieniet and annoying. Hopefully Netgear could fix this major issue ASAP.

Peachtruck
Aspirant
Aspirant

My usage is fixed.  I logged put of the app, then from the web page changed and saved one thing in every mode.  Been worrying for the days.

Skridsko
Star
Star

I have two base stations with 4+1 Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2

- No Mode tab in Android app (latest version 2.5.0_21625 on Samsung S8 and Tab S3) appears any longer

- Mode tab in Windows desktop appears, but when I try to edit settings for mode Schedule I get a loading message "Please wait..." but nothing happens, i.e., Schedule mode cannot be edited.

Base station (located in Sweden): 1.10.0.4_20963

So this big bug just after the even bigger bug with the Base station off line problem just a couple of days ago... All these severe bugs and with so little easily found relevant status updates from the Support team. Why care about your customers once they bought your stuff?... 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@Peachtruck wrote:

My usage is fixed.  I logged put of the app, then from the web page changed and saved one thing in every mode.  Been worrying for the days.

What did you change really? Was it just the name of the mode, or were you in every rule? What did you do?

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@Ulala wrote:
I have installed an earlier version and it works perfectly
Where did you get the previous version?

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@maqs wrote:
It's back for me too. Logged out and cleared background apps and logged in again.
I've used your solution and got it done. Here's a simple tutor to get it done. However, it is in Norwegian, but I have translated a little. In short: Find the app Arlo in your app overview. Clear all data and restart the app. Log into the Arlo app and mode is there again and working. But only in the app - not the computer.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
Of course - now I have posted 3 comments here and for each time I get attached message: "An Unexpected Error has occurred."

Ulala
Aspirant
Aspirant
Search for a .apk before the version with problems. I have version 2.4.6.18293
Ulala
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tutor
Tutor

Tried the workaround where i logged in to arlo.netgear.com from my computer and updated one mode and saved. It seemed to have fixed it.

I have a custom mode for my smartthings home automation center, and I edited that one by just adding a dot to the name of the mode to get the save button to appear and saved it. I also, for good measure, edited the default Armed mode by adding a second to one of teh cameras record video action when it detected movement and saved.

Now when I logged in to the app on my phone again, the modes tab appeared again after a second.

I also did try to just clear all data from the app in the phone just before doing the above, it didnt help, but may be part of the solution anyways.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

I also did try to just clear all data from the app in the phone just before doing the above, it didnt help, but may be part of the solution anyways.

It seems that my solution only lasts intill I logs out of the app and tries to log in again. How long does your solution last, 213432524363456?

Realistic1
Aspirant
Aspirant
CANT LEAVE POSITIVE REVIEW
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
FIXED as was off for a week with no help from arlo will never recommend!
I took one cam down deactivated it rebooted station RE installed cam and modes back good luck
Realistic1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you that worked out great...just remember don't update when it asks you if it wants you too.......thanks
Wizliz
Tutor
Tutor

Android user and my app "mode" setting does not work since early may. I can only edit "Mode" via homepage on my PC or running phone browser in "computer mode" but then java complains about on "old java version"!

Have done factory reset of base station and removed all cameras then did resync.

Getting really TIRED of the buggy **bleep** software for both cameras and basestation. One of my cameras has "pink screen recording" while another eats battery rapidly and does not complete "boot" both are off course out of warranty.

EXTREMELY poor release and software quality check of this product. This has been going on for the last two years i have been using Arlo.

I rely on camera systems working 24/7 due to previous brakeins and need constant surveliance!

Why dont you release your software to TEST SYSTEMS first before releasing  this crap code to your customers? 

Get your **bleep** sorted Netgear. From now on i will stop recommend Arlo to friends and family. 

ArloToy
Star
Star

After going over the forum I noticed this thread is very hard to find...  my mistake or deliberately hidden?!

Anyway if one takes in account all the DAILY issues customers are having with the "supposed to be" Arlo security system it is fair to say that this product does not do what it is supposed to do or/and advertised for.

Let's face it, we are not talking the fridge not producing the right temperature or the TV not showing all channels one paid for. This is serious. this is your and my SECURITY!

I'm surprised by the total ignorance of the Arlo team in communicating, anticipating and resolving issues that customers expect to be key features for any security system. Lives and precious goods depend on your work are you aware of that?!

I have spend over €2000 on both Arlo and Arlo Pro and am completely fed up with the issues I encounter frequently:

1. lagging systems
  2. slow detection
  3. being logged out frequently
  4. updates that FAIL
  5. Geofencing issues
  6. Batteries draining
  7. Base stations that don't connect

Sorry to say but I think it is time for a lawyer to step in, gather all the issues and start a case against Netgear/Arlo.

• We do NOT get what we pay for
  • There needs to be adequate support
  • Features need to work
  • We need to be able to rely on systems that are sold as SECURITY devices to protect people and their environment.

Ps.

Yes I am aware that technical/security systems on very rare occassions might have issues/problems.... but not daily/weekly or several times a month!!!

Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

There's a new problem now. Geofencing keeps on reverting to Disarmed, so basically the cameras are not even recording anything. Hey Arlo developers wake up, do you have any clue about what you are doing?

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Yea that is the issue I am having also.  Geofencing works perfect and arms when we leave no issues.  It does the disarmed when I enter back into the zone.  

SpokaneStan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had no  Mode access  from my Android devices for several weeks. 

To add to that, Mode says it works from my Win10 PC but  

My schedule is  working, but it makes no difference. My system will not motion detect from any Mode  I select. 

All I have left is a manually operated system.  That ain't what I paid for.

I've done all the   reinstalls, restarts, and etc. with no change. 

If anyone has finally got Netgear to acknowledge their problem, please post here ASAP.

BGotts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as others describe above was easily resolved by:

1. Log out of app

2. Go to Settings in Android OS

3. Select apps and then Arlo

4. Force Stop the app

5. Hold press Storage

6. Click Clear Data

log back in to Arlo and Mode is back

Denida
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried it, but didn't work.  I have two seperate systems in different locations that I control from the same Android phone.  The mode works on one but there is no mode function on the other.  So I don't think I'ts an android phone issue.

Denida
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after following BGotts resolution on resetting the app on the android phone and then also rebooting the base station from the PC, the mode function is now back on my android.  

SPDIF
Star
Star

No restart, reinstllation works on either app or base station, cannot see mode in my Android units.

It appears to me that it is a server based problem, may Netgear will be fixing the server for my part of the world any year now.

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, I mean you usually can rely of their professional and quick support, can´t you ;-)?