Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode won't appear in Android app

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

364 REPLIES 364
Tutor
Tutor

It seem to be still working, I just tried to logout and login again, and its still there.

Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
Still dosent work. Works on iPad bit not on Huawei
maqs
Star
Star
Try this:
1. Login in on your ipad.
2. Make a change to one of your modes and save.
3. Login with your Huawei.
Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
I have now try that. Dident work. Mode Still only works on Apple and not Huawei that runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Mode has work before on this phone so I guess that its a Arlo update that generate this bug in Android 6.0
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
I can now not manage my mode .... I was trying to change a rule in my mobil, but now I can not turn off Arlo 2 pro "detecting sound". Each time I save, the audio detection, the option will turn on again. So now the camera detects on sound as well. I do not want that ... For how long will this last??

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
SPDIF
Star
Star

It´s been almost four weeks now since I reported the "Mode Problem" to Netgear "support"!

Still now answer, still no solution, have tried all the methods suggestid in the forum, nothing helps!

It is clear to me that Netgear do not give a sh*** about Arlo customers, just focusing to lure more unsuspecting customer to a default product.

As a journalist I am just now writing a review that hopefully  will keep prospective buyers away from this defunct and usupported joke of a "security" product!

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

As a journalist I am just now writing a review that hopefully  will keep prospective buyers away from this defunct and usupported joke of a "security" product!

That will be very nice to read, SPDIF!

AlexKo
Tutor
Tutor

I have opened a support ticket on this issue a while ago (Support Case #30144211). Recently I have got an email informing me that the issue is resolved for all users. All I need to do is uninstall and reinstall the app. I did it on multiple android devices. However, the issue is still there. They asked me to confirm the resolution. However, it is “do not respond” email and the link to update the ticket comments comes up with the empty website. It looks like they closed the ticket without confirmation form the end user. Live chat is unavailable, email communications are unavailable, the phone support puts me on hold with #31 in queue and unknown waiting time. Terrible support service.

ArloToy
Star
Star

Hi Svein,

can you keep the commutiy updated on that review so we can use it to distribute in our networks and on other reviewsites. I'm still investigating the possiblities of starting a case against Arlo/Netgear with several consumer organisations in the EU (other users might want to do the same in the US!) and honoust unbiased reviews will support the case. 

It is incredibly frustrating to see that companies like Arlo/Netgear  does next to nothing to deliver what you pay for. Both in products and what they call "support". This needs to end. 

As mentioned in my previous post we are talking SECURITY here, not toys a gadget or anthing else that is not as serious as peoples LIVES and GOODS!

If Arlo/Netgear thinks they are not responsbile for delivering reliable and high quality products which guard people and their goods 24/7 then they can NOT advertise as such!

Up to now most of their products malfunction or fail in many ways!

Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
Is not Netgear aware of the extent of the problem for android users when no action is taken? Do they not participate in this forum or have they not noted the latest reviews in Google play app store?
Skridsko
Star
Star

I still have problems with:

• No Modes tab in Android (v 2.5.2_21629) on Samsung S8 / S9 / Tab S2 / Tab S3 with two Base stations (FW 1.10.0.4_20963) in Sweden.
  • Cannot edit Schedule mode in desktop web (Windows 10). I just get loading message "Please wait..." when I try to edit the schedule mode + the earlier set times have been changed automatically (now disarming at 8 am instead of 6 am).

Very annoying...

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@Skridsko wrote:

I still have problems with:

• No Modes tab in Android (v 2.5.2_21629) on Samsung S8 / S9 / Tab S2 / Tab S3 with two Base stations (FW 1.10.0.4_20963) in Sweden.
  • Cannot edit Schedule mode in desktop web (Windows 10). I just get loading message "Please wait..." when I try to edit the schedule mode + the earlier set times have been changed automatically (now disarming at 8 am instead of 6 am).

Very annoying...

It's exactly the same as I'm experiencing. As if I should had written it myself!

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
New version of the Android app released today at Google Play, 07.06.2018 (7th. june 2018). No improvement ... still "Getting status ..." etc.. Version2.5.2_21629. Released 04.06.2018.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
Do Netgear at all read these messages we write here? If they did, they should be so shameful now. Such a situation is now I can not recommend Netgear to anyone!

KDee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Fortunately my MODE button has been working consistently well after they fixed the issue about a month ago.... but I do want to say that I noticed last night that the times on my schedule had changed for me as well.... (By an hour) I thought maybe it was a daylight saving thing, but now that I think about it, the start time was still correct., but the end time was an hour earlier than originally programmed...
Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
After the latest update my cameras dont records any thing regardles what mode I have choosen on a iPad
jcarlson10
Aspirant
Aspirant
For a couple weeks now my mode tab has been missing in the Android app. Even updated to a newer version of the app during that time, which didn't help.

I restarted the base station thinking there's no way that would make any difference. But after the base station came back on, the app had the Mode button again!

From the app, click menu->Settings, then My Devices. Select your base station then click RESTART.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

SPDIF
Star
Star

Still not working please assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oujoker
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

I can try the field trial.  I have two hubs on my account, Galaxy S8 and a Galaxy S7 - both will not show mode tab, it has been like this for several weeks, I have updated, rebooted, restarted etc.  Nothing works.  Web access is fine.

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Hi James,

I have the mode showing up now but it is not the correct one.  Please see the thread link below.  I am having the issue with the #3 issue.  That started after the mode started to show up again on my LG V30.  If this trail helps with these I am willing to help.  No point in complaining if I am not willing to help.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/3-Immediate-problems-to-fix/m-p/1588560/highlight/false#M53560

Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
I can try the field trial.
shogun6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am willing to attempt the trial, as I still cannot use my cameras. None of them will follow the 'rules' implemented at the base station to use motion or audio sensors to prompt a recording, and regardless of the modes or rules I employ, the icons for motion capture or audio capture remain greyed out. 

As of this point, I have conducted the following troubleshooting procedures:

1. Remove and re-add cameras (Changed the icons to black in color for 1 hr, but did not deliver any recordings).

2. Remove and re-add cameras again (Didn't work).

3. Factory reset of base station (Didn't work).

I have verified the capabilities of the cameras using a motion detection test and perfoming manual recordings.

Arloonline
Tutor
Tutor
Great news.. The mode button is now back for me and the motion recording also works again. Have Netgear sent out a firmware update?
👍
oujoker
Aspirant
Aspirant

My mode button came back on today as well.  Don't know if the firmware was updated (I have two hubs on my account), but everything appears to be working again.

@Arloonline wrote:
Great news.. The mode button is now back for me and the motion recording also works again. Have Netgear sent out a firmware update?
👍