Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

364 REPLIES 364
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Excellent. Never have had to do that before, so not intuitive to me. Can go without geofencing for a while. Really appreciate the advice.

sjunwood
Star
Star

I am having the same problem!!

sjunwood
Star
Star

I am having the same Isuue!!

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I am not seeing this problem at all but have brought this problem to the attention of management to look into.

CyclePat
Guide
Guide

I spoke via chat with Arlo, and was informed that their engeneers are aware of the MODE app error.  The are working on the problem to have a fix.

commodon
Star
Star

I can additionally confirm that removing the Arlo application (v 20632) released in April, 2018 and instead installing the prior release (v 18293) made available in October, 2017 has restored the missing "Mode" menu item.

Granted with my running the prior release I am not running an up-to-date application, but it *is* working and all functionality I use within the application is working, i.e. changing between two custom modes, occasionally viewing the live feed, etc. for me.

Using VMB3000|Arlo Smart Home Security with 5 Arlo Pro Cameras and Solar Panels
CyclePat
Guide
Guide

Alrighty, I finally got through to a representative via Chat.  I was informed that they are aware of the problem and that Arlo engineers are working on a solution for the problem...  and of course that they appologise for the problem.  Hope they go live with the solution sooner then later.

mmicsky
Guide
Guide
Amazing that Netgear took down my link to the previous version of the app that works! Netgear fix the new app or roll the latest app back yourself so everyone has app functionality again.
commodon
Star
Star

I noticed this as well.

I suspect whoever moderates the community forum believes it best for users to not install the prior release from an external website outside their control and to instead, accept the broken functionality introduced with the latest release. At the same time, not provide users with any sort of expectation to when the issue reported will be fixed is unacceptable.

Let's just hope the cause is identified quickly and a resolution is made available after it's been properly QA'd. In the interim, Google can be your friend to find anything...

😉

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Out of curiosity, regarding the Android app issue, what model is your base station?

commodon
Star
Star

The hardware of my Base Station is VMB4000r3 running firmware 1.9.8.0_16666

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I am wondering if those with Android that are not having an issue are on a different base. 4000r3 seems to be perhaps a connecting thread. I haven't a clue why that would be only reading posts on other boards.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted in many threads here and possibly the app store information, there's a gray bar near the top (iOS) or a pull-down arrow near the top (Android) that you have to use to get to the alarm.

Stelo92688
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes to sound the alarm. But to arm it or to set or to see the virtual gate. Use to be next to.Devices and library
12345yu890
Aspirant
Aspirant
For me, functionality resumed yesterday, early evening after doing all the resets etc. My base is a 4000r3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an original (VMB3010) and Pro (VMB4000) base as well as a Q camera and am not experiencing this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a different kettle of fish. The lack of the Mode tab has been widely discussed here for the past 2 days.

JonKong
Star
Star
I have also gone back to version from October 2017 and the mode tab has been restored. It does not disappear after closing and reopening as other versions seem to.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

1) WHY are these threads on this issue that were originally posted on the Arlo Pro board being moved to the Arlo board? Once that happens I no longer get notification emails that someone replied. I had to go to the Arlo board to find this again. I have defended netgear on past issues and tried to keep a level head and calm others with some of the past issues, but....... what is netgear trying to hide here. Why move the post?

2) I'm sure that some are experiencing the issue and others aren't because Arlo must have rolled out an internal update to it's server / system and either replication to all their servers hasn't completed or they realized there was an issue and stopped the roll out. I'm sure a big company like Netgear rolls out updates just like we would in my compnay of 30,000 users. The update / patch / fix / etc first get copied to distribution servers located all over the world, then the updates take place from the distribution servers.

Since I keep my system in Armed all the time and use smartthings to turn the cameras on and off, it's not really affecting me, but this is a huge issue for everyone else. This is bigger than the mic/speaker issue for iOS users, this needs to be fixed immediatly and should be netgear #1 priority right now. Time will tell............. 

simspos
Guide
Guide

I can also confirm app version 2.4.6_18293 fixes the missing mode tab.

Additionally, have turned off auto updates at the play store to prevent the obvious.

TravisKathi
Initiate
Initiate

Same for Galaxy S8+

paulmike3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Experiencing the missing modes tab for the first time today. App version 2.4.12_20632. Arlo Pro cameras.

Unable to change modes. Extremely frustrating.
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

This web site should have an announcement page. When you get into the site the first thing you see is the announcement page. If there are any problems going on, and when do we expect it to get resolved. Believe me this is going to do wonders for everyone especially the Arlo staff itself.  

AdamC25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

recently the MODE option on my app no longer shows. Now it only displays DEVICES and LIBRARY. Is there anyway to fix this? Thank you. 

nrthpole
Aspirant
Aspirant

RE: No Mode selection with Android Phones.

It just baffles me that Arlo would not make a public announcement on this issue that is affecting so many.

They should acknowledge there is a problem. (whether its thier fault or not).

Let people know they are adressing the problem.

Give an estimate time for solving the issue or some kind of status updates.

Instead I see many people reloading the app or software and rebooting causing major frustration and disatisfaction.

Come on Arlo Netgear, you can do better.