Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

364 REPLIES 364
Kburr
Guide
Guide
I've just tried the same and still no 'mode' visible. 😞
Kburr
Guide
Guide
I've just tried the same and still no 'mode' visible. 😞
Dondomingo
Initiate
Initiate
Same her. Sony Xperia. Hope for a solution soon.
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Same here on New Zealand.
Kdarmy
Tutor
Tutor
Can not access Mode on mine either....Very frustrating!
I have searched and see many complaints, but no replies at all from Arlo team....Really!?
12345yu890
Aspirant
Aspirant
All okay still. Hope yours gets resolved soon.
DirtyDutch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i am using the arlo App for a long time now,but today i can't seem to fint the shedule tab it's gone???

I only see the devices and library,please help.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Armed using IFTTT, changed (to a useful) mode at work using web app. 

Motionist
Guide
Guide
I believe that this shows a profound disrespect for their customers.
I'm beginning to regret the purchase and for sure will add my concerns to anyone asking for my experience.
If the first responds is restart the system they have learned very little from many years of IT issue and problem management
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Android 8.0.0 on a Samsung S8............ modes working fine for me. There was another post today where people with android 8.0.0 were working, but 7 and 8.1 were not working.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Well I am version 8.0.0. on a Samsung 9+. And it was yesterday as well. Only difference is... it worked.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star
Everyone experiencing problems should go to the Play Store and change your review for the app and update your comment until this is fixed. I just did: 1 star rating until this is resolved.
Also, mark other reviews that inform others of this problem as helpful. This has happened before and I'm sick of the sluggish response and seemingly ineffective testing of the app.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@shoustonnz

Hmmm, if you're on 8.0.0 wonder what the difference is then, why mine is fine and yours isn't. I'm in the USA, could it be a location thing? Either way, @JamesC can you let the support staff / engineers know there seems to be an issue with the mode tab not showing up for some and it seems to have just started today.

1173CL
Tutor
Tutor

Having same problem. I was in away alarm mode, couldn't change mode to allow entry. Had to endure the siren till could power off base. Luckily I had installed app on Fire pad, still had mode setting option. A notice was highlighted to update app. Big mistake, it took mode selection away. So now my Fire and Samsung Android apps are not working correctly. IT's A APP UPDATE ISSUE, HOPEFULLY A PATCH IS ON WAY!

Steveasmp
Guide
Guide

It's a shame, really.  The product is great when it works, but when there's a problem, it always seems to be on Netgear's side of things, and their support group is essentially useless.  Not sure if it's lack of training, or (quite likely) they're not given the tools/resources to do anything worth the effort to contact them.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@1173CL

Waht version is your Arlo app? I'm on 2.4.12_20632. I updated to that version weeks, maybe a month ago. Google play store does not show a newer version for me and shows 2.4.12_20632 as the latest version.

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

try to restart your phone. If still not working, try unistalling the app and re-install it back.

🙂

maccrn
Initiate
Initiate
I cannot get mode to appear either. Turn the camera on and off change batteries. Restarted base station. Reloaded app on Android. Will the manufacturer admit they have a problem?
t95
Initiate
Initiate

Same here with my device. Android 8.1. Software updates should be TESTED before posting. Unacceptable. 

DirtyDutch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thx for the replay.

I restarted the phone a few times and reinstalled the app a few times without anny result. 😞
maddidaddi
Star
Star

same just started today

iseeyou2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo app 2.4.12_20632.

Mode not showing for me on Android 7.

Web UI working as normal on PC (haven't tried browser on phone).

1173CL
Tutor
Tutor
I've cleared cache forced stopped uninstalled and reinstalled, same Arlo version as referenced above for my Samsung S 8 7.0 Android and
FIRE OS 5.6.1.0 with both running Arlo 2.4.12_20632
ramana545
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue from today.Just installed cams yesterday and the problem.

I have enabled custom mode which mght have killed menu....some of other users can see it...have you all on custom mode ?
star_boy_oz
Star
Star
Custom mode isn't causing this issue. I am using the standard Armed/Disarmed modes and it still doesn't work.
Also, logging into the website on mobile is a joke as it has a landing page directing you to the Play Store, to download app that DOESN'T WORK.
Requesting Desktop Site leads to a page where the buttons are obscured by a Flash warning (as Flash is not supported in Chrome). Just a dog's breakfast of bad decisions by Netgear. At the very least recode your site to ditch Flash if you're going to serve such a flaky app.