Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation
crouton1
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

We've had the Arlo Wire Free cameras working for the past 6 months with no problems.  Today the message "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection." appeared.  We rebooted the router - there doesn't appear to be a problem with the internet connection, however, the cameras are still not connecting.  Please advise.

Thank you!

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The few times I've had such issues I simply logged out and back in - all was well.  Also, did you try both the app and browser?

crouton1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, we've tried logging in and out and no luck.  We've also tried resetting the base by using the reset button and sync button.  The amber and green lights are on and each of the cameras have been synced (blue light).  The internet connection is working.  It appears that the cameras should be connected and working, but still getting the same no connection error message.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You said you've rebooted the "router" - do you mean the base station or the actual router used to connect the base to the Internet? If you mean the base, try rebuilt the router itself.

crouton1
Tutor
Tutor

I meant that I rebooted the base, but I also rebooted the router and still no luck.  

Do you think hitting "Remove Device" from my account settings would do anything?  Would it reset the cameras if I add it back to my account again and attempt to set it up again?  

Thanks again for your suggestions.  Hopefully I can find a solution!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Certainly deleting the device from your account, factory resetting the base and starting over is a brute force way to go but if nothing else is working...  Cameras would need to be re-synced.  Open and close battery doors just to be complete.

dbm4225
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get your problem solved?  I am having the same problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dbm4225,

I have a few questions to better clarify the issue you are having. What is the behavior of the internet LED when you are seeing this issue? Do you see the same behavior when using the mobile app and the web client? Do you always get this error or is it intermittent?

Please let us know so we can help!

JamesC

HeatherH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this issue with only 1 camera.  All were working a few hours ago, then I look and there is one not working.  It shows up not working on both the app and online

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HeatherH,

Consider power cycling the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. If you're still having issues, consider a fresh set of batteries for the camera. 

I hope this helps!

JamesC

Lulu21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with 2 Arlo sets in 2 different locations. 

Support cant help. Extremely annoying. 

Not fit for the purpose !

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lulu21,

I have a few questions to help isolate the issue.

Has it ever worked in the past, has anything on your network changed?

Who is your ISP, what are your upload/download speeds?

Is this issue intermittent or does it always occur?

Do you see this behavior across all browsers/mobile apps?

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station?

JamesC

knightrider636
Aspirant
Aspirant

Our cameras were working up until 2 weeks ago.  The router is working and our internet connection is working.  I have rebooted our router several times and have rebooted the Arlo base several times.  After rebooting the the Power and Internet LED lights are green.  I have tried to resync the cameras and now none of the lights are working.  The Computer and the APP both say that there is no "internet connection" and the "device is offline"  can anyone help me please...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

knightrider636,

Consider power cycling the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. If you still get no LED on the camera, it could be that the batteries are depleted.

JamesC

Don7024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fresh NEW batteries and mine says offline. Brand new system right out of the box! VMS3130

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be batteries but prolly not. Use both the app and a browser. Does it do the same on both? Try logging out and back in. Try power cycling the base station.

Justintime7410
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is doing the exct same thing.. I have don everything.. Repalced all batteries, reset the entire internet, router, modem, gateway.. Even reset the gateway and resync all of the cameras.. works for 1 day or less then the same thing is says.... Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection. On every camera.. I've sent a report to netgear for support, they are supoosed to call me?? Just in case anyone is going to ask.. It was working perfectly until the past 1 or 2.. now its very inconsistant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try my steps in the message just above yours?

dlowry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has been doing the same worked great for about 5 months and just the past week been getting this message a lot. twice this week. And I use it to monitor my elderly mother..I need to know why it does and the fix. I have done batteries, base, my phone, and i even have a great connection myself at work and cannot get to connect.

Some help would be appreciated. I see the same questions, and you giving the same answers. But I am not for sure if everyone expected to have to undo cameras or bases to make them function. Defect?

Justintime7410
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its nothing on my end.. I have tried EVERYTHING... about every 3rd or 4th try if I restart the Arlo router it will work until the next time I try to log in.. It is something on the ARLo/Netgear side of things since I am just one of many that are having the same issue..  NEtGEAR promised to call me.. that was 2 days ago... SMH 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This could be a browser issue. Do you get the same behavior when using different browsers (Chrome, Firefox) as well as the mobile app? Does it behave this way on different devices?

Be sure you browser and flash are both up to date running the latest versions.

JamesC

moandaa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started getting the message "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection." on my work computer and was unable to see the live feed from any camera. However, the cameras were still detecting motion and recording 10 second clips, which I can review from the Arlo Library on my work computer. I WAS able to see the live feeds from my cell phone and a home computer, so I believe the firewall on my work computer is blocking the live feeds.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

moandaa,

Many users have reported issues like what you are describing when trying to access Arlo from work computers. Consider contacting your IT department and inquire if Arlo access is being blocked.

JamesC

Disantoda
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 12 arlo cameras at a home an hour from my residence. The cameras connect via satellite internet. Every time it rains I lose camera connectivity. Initially, I thought it was due to power failures. I purchased an uninterrupted power source, but continued to experience issues every time it rained. So, I would have to drive an hour to the cameras to power cycle the router and base station. A simple power cycle worked 90% of the time. Well, I got tired of driving up there every rain storm, so I purchased a remote power switch that automatically cycles the power to base station and router every power failure. Problem solved. It sure would be nice if the arlo base station automatically reconnected after a power or internet failure, but it doesn't.
FRANK121
Tutor
Tutor
I can log in through windows but not my phone app? The phone says no internet connection allthough i have an internet connection on the phone?