Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installed new wifi router, base station not working

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
jcosper
Follower
Follower

I just recently purchased a 4 camera Arlo system last Thursday.  Everything was working fine until my internet went out and they ended up replacing my cable modem. The modem is also the wifi router. Do I need to go through the setup process again so the base station can work with a new wifi router? I can't find any settings where I can just change the network it connects to. Should I just delete the base station and start over?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't need to do anything other than to plug the base into the new modem/router and turn it on.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't need to do anything other than to plug the base into the new modem/router and turn it on.  

MSChick323
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's not working for me at all....it's as if the base station has disappeared....
Also, I set the cameras to record motion and they did not record anything (when the base station was working)
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MsChick323,

Let's see about getting your base station back online. Please consider doing the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Perform a factory reset on your base station. (Pressing the Sync and Reset button until all LED is Amber)
  2. Reconnect your base station to your account.
  3. Powercycle your cameras (Opening the battery compartment door and then closing it)
  4. Sync the cameras one at a time.

I'm looking forward to your response and results.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Reagan001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. I just got a new router. I disconnected the arlo base from the old router hooked it up to new router and it has now dissapeared. I tried the system reset  all lights turned amber than the power light turned green and all other lights off. What do I need to do to get the system back and running? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should have been painless - switch routers and off you go.

Can you verify that the cable works properly by using it on another device/computer or try a different cable?  Does the new router's port indicate that the base is connected (via its LED indicators on the port)?  Does the router show the base has an IP address?  What brand/model router?  Some folks outside the US seem to have had equipment supplied that needs to be configured to allow Arlo to work properly.  Have you made any changes to the router's settings such as port blocking?

Reagan001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. I actually switched back to the old router because I rather have slower internet but with cameras. The system still didn't work with the old router. Changed cables that didn't work, the internet works on everything else just not the base. Netgear has been good about helping me figure this out and they believe something is wrong with the base station so they're sending me a different one. Hopefully that will work.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

KristynM wrote:

MsChick323,

Let's see about getting your base station back online. Please consider doing the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Perform a factory reset on your base station. (Pressing the Sync and Reset button until all LED is Amber)
  2. Reconnect your base station to your account.
  3. Powercycle your cameras (Opening the battery compartment door and then closing it)
  4. Sync the cameras one at a time.

I'm looking forward to your response and results.

Will I need to do all that even if I just need changing my current network name?

Thanks.

Paul FCCL

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the base station only operates on Ethernet, changing names has no effect.  The cameras connect only to the base, not to WiFi.

Skyman845
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I bought this system about 4 months ago and it worked great. I just was upgraded to fibre optics to my house and we got a 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (D-Link). Now only the power light on the Arlo stays green and the other lights are off. I tried the rest, unplugging and plugging back in. I also tyried changing the port it was plugged into on the Switch, to no avail. The lighst are green for the other devices plugged into the switch, buit the one that the arlo plugs into stays amber....no matter which port I plug it into (tried them all). please help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no problem plugging into a switch.  You don't mention trying a different cable which you should do.  Also, try temporarily taking the cable from the router to the switch and plug it into the base and/or move the base to the router.

Skyman845
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Yes I did change cables, as well I plugged directly into the router with no change

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the base has decided to quit.  Use the Support link at the top here to create a trouble ticket for a possible RMA.