Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Internet Connection problem

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation
crouton1
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

We've had the Arlo Wire Free cameras working for the past 6 months with no problems.  Today the message "Your device is not connected. Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection." appeared.  We rebooted the router - there doesn't appear to be a problem with the internet connection, however, the cameras are still not connecting.  Please advise.

Thank you!

32 REPLIES 32
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing to try is to reinstall the app.  SOunds like it's confused.

DaveCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the three-camera Arlo set yesterday and have had the same problem from the outset.  I've also tried all the options to fix the problem, with no result.  Too many hours spent trying to fix the problem.  Product going back for a refund tomorrow.  Not sure if I have a faulty unit, but it's not performing as described at the moment.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveCH,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station (lit/unlit, Solid green/amber)?

Do you see the same behavior when trying to view from a different device (web client/mobile app)?

JamesC

DaveCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

DaveCH,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station (lit/unlit, Solid green/amber)?

Do you see the same behavior when trying to view from a different device (web client/mobile app)?

JamesC

Hi James,

Thanks for getting back to me.  The internet light is solid green and has never wavered since I set the system up.  I've re started it several times, with no result.

This is what made me think something must have gone wrong when I first set the system up and synched the cameras.

The behaviour between mobile app and web client is distinctly different.  Mobile app seems to work fine, although I believe I’m missing some features.  Via webclient, it always looks as if the base station is offline - no features available.  Very strange.

Do you think I should re-set and go through setup from scratch?

Dave

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DaveCH,

If the mobile app is working fine, then you have the system set up correctly.

It is possible that the issue you are experiencing with the web client is browser or security/anti-spyware related.

Try using a different browser, be sure Flash player is installed and up to date. Also consider disabling any security software (temporarily) that you may have to further isolate the issue. Software such as Bitdefender has been know to cause issues like you describe.

JamesC

DaveCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

DaveCH,

If the mobile app is working fine, then you have the system set up correctly.

It is possible that the issue you are experiencing with the web client is browser or security/anti-spyware related.

Try using a different browser, be sure Flash player is installed and up to date. Also consider disabling any security software (temporarily) that you may have to further isolate the issue. Software such as Bitdefender has been know to cause issues like you describe.

JamesC

Hi James,

Thanks for this.  I use Bitdefender on both my computers - disabled BD & problem fixed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Search here for others that have modified BD to allow operation.  Better than disabling it.

DaveCH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James.  I just disabled for 10 mins to check.  I'll search for BD mods and use those.

Dave