Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing radius cant be saved. Changed it to medium but next day, goes back to small by itself.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Suki4
Guide
Guide

Why radius in geofencing cant be changed? I change it to medium, save it and next day it goes back to small by it self.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Suki4,

What phone device are you using and what iOS/Android OS version are you running? Does it revert back when trying to save through WiFi and/or cellular data?

Suki4
Guide
Guide
I’m using iPhone 11 and latest software. I want to use medium range radius but it always returns to small one. Sometimes it recognize already like I’m using big radius although in app shows small one. I tried to restart the base station and nothing helps. Also it doesn’t matter if I change radius when connected to home wifi or when I’m on LTE. There is something wrong with your software. Please fix it.

Regards
Marko
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone 11 to see if that helps?

Suki4
Guide
Guide
Yes, I’ve done both, no change. If I put the system in disarmed or armed mode, then in geofencing settings radius stays as saved, as soon as I change in to geofencing mode it goes to small. No idea why.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

mr54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this exact problem with my system. There is something wrong with the app/software. Looking for a quick resolution as the incessant notifications are getting annoying (the geography/construction at my location mean the phones don't register inside the small radius but I can't change it).

blupblup
Guide
Guide

Same issue. I want to save "small" radius, but it always goes back to large. Very annoying. Please fix it!