Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday I received my new arlo alarm system. I updated to the new app and installed the system. I set up a leave/arrive automation and the geofencing only has the option to select old iPhone devices that i don’t even use anymore. Prior to yesterdays update, my geofencing was working fine. 

Please help. Ive deleted that app, I’ve changed the location services in iPhones settings on and off, as well us under the arlo app settings. I deleted all trusted devices, I’ve logged on and off, and geofencing won’t have my current iPhone as an option to select. 

help 

81 REPLIES 81
linuxsurfer
Tutor
Tutor

Ours stopped working over the weekend - both phones are logged into the app, yet when we both left (several times), the system did not arm. Have not changed any settings.

Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

Thanks this was great and the closest yet to a solution but....it unfortunately doesn't list all devices that can see my cameras (that includes people that were removed....pretty scary) and secondly, it won't let me delete any devices for some reason. 

kensington
Tutor
Tutor

I just ran into the same issue. Added a new camera to a 100+ camera system across 6 properties, it forced the app upgrade and broke everything: schedules, automations, location … devices listed for geofencing make no sense either. The old app was problematic but I kind of got it working. The new app is totally confusing and killed a lot of basic, useful features. Anyone listening at HQ?

CALoski
Tutor
Tutor

Still only recognizes one trusted user’s phone location. Cannot geofence my wife’s phone. She has to manually arm/disarm. Have tried all forementioned tricks of removing/adding device/latest updates. When is Arlo gonna fix this issue?? It’s almost been a year!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CALoski 

Can you try editing the devices names from both devices. You will have to edit the name separately from each respective phone by navigating to Profile > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence Devices > Find the name of the current device you are holding at the very top > Select Edit > Change to the desired name > Save. Now you should be able to find the devices with the updated names in the Arrive/Leave Section when setting this up. 

Hogedsawi
Aspirant
Aspirant

And do the same for any shared accounts to get their invalid devices cleared. However, geofencing is still to accurate for when Everyone Leaves or Anyone Arrives. And they list this all as Security - a big failure! The old app geofencing worked and was much simpler to setup.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Hogedsawi 

Have you tried navigating to Profile > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence Devices > Select the red Circle > Delete?