Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dough51
Star
Star

I have a VMB3000 (VMB3010r2 hardware) and 5 Arlo first gen cameras in my system.

Base firmware is: 1.12.2.12_774_64c24b1

Camera firmware is: 1.6.297

After recent 11/3-4/20 camera firmware update I now have a problem with all my post-update video clips in library freezing and/or flickering at around the 3-5 second point, which pretty much makes the system useless as a security system. I mentioned this in the recent community thread regarding many folks issues with base stations continually resetting after the firmware update. I received a response from Arlo moderator about the base station firmware being reverted to an earlier version to resolve the issue, however, since my issue is the video freeze I was advised to start a new thread, so this is it... can anyone else respond if they have this problem any more?

46 REPLIES 46
CQTony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, but I noticed the videos run smoother on my PC.

CQTony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem ...very frustrating...it seems to be better if I review the captured video on my PC rather than the app

wwwmmm
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB3010r2

My firmware won't update. Download keeps filing both on my mac and iphone. Please advise.

The firmware the app wants me to update to is 1.12.2.12_774. It fails to do so on both my app and Mac. 

Crbunz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problems. Same firmware. Need a fix for this. Very frustrating.
JB455
Guide
Guide

Any idea when we can roll back to the previous firmware for the base stations? The way the video freezes basically makes these cameras worthless as a security system. C'mon Arlo engineering team!! How hard can it be to either rollback to the previous build or issue a new build that fixes the problem? The 1.12.2.12_774_64c24b1 firmware is junk. Are you doing this to make our older base stations obsolete??

TheOldITGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My thoughts exactly, obsolete...

dough51
Star
Star
FYI, That firmware is not working properly, that and the last camera update are the issue in this thread... so you’re not missing anything while we wait for fix.
mplutodh1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Been over a month and Arlo still has no update for us. See where we stand in the pecking order.

Let us roll back to an old firmware at least ...
BiteMeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not even bothering to change the batteries as they die, no sense in wasting money on these.

JB455
Guide
Guide

We wish Arlo could provide us with a timeframe of when they can resolve this issue. Even a ballpark date would be helpful to your long suffering customers! 😞

BiteMeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

willie coyote.jpg

CQTony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've found the videos play ok on my PC, but freeze on the Arlo App. Is the App being updated?

BiteMeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My videos are Cr*p on either one, web or app.

dough51
Star
Star
I still get issues on PC, just less impact.
BiteMeArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

💤 Crickets 💤

CQTony
Aspirant
Aspirant
dough51
Star
Star
I was told they were a while back (quite a while now actually).
JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't want to sound unduly negative, but as an original Arlo purchaser there have been issues with Arlo from the beginning that just taken freakin forever to resolve with no useful information ever coming from Arlo.  New firmware has been 'coming' since November to resolve the freezing issue.  Every issue has always had a resolution coming 'soon'. While there is a new version allegedly 'available' everyone here gets a 'No Update Available'. While i continue to run them, i am considering replacing Arlo and given the YEARS of bad support i will certainly NOT considering upgrading to a newer Arlo system.

Jim

TheOldITGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the batteries die, 1 camera left running, when those batteries die, I will unplug the base

No sense throwing good money after bad on these

may look into some POE cameras going forward

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, i have some rechargables i have had for quite some time and i too would quit spending money on the batteries but for that its nothing to just recharge them 'one more time'.

Jim

ryanltd
Initiate
Initiate

Just to comment on the original post about it being useless as a security system. My Arlo cameras have always been useless as a security system. On the best of days, which don't happen nearly enough, the lag time between motion detection and notification is around 5 seconds. The time before I can actually look at the recording is another 15-20 seconds. Far too often the time between motion detection and notification is in minutes, like the 7 minutes it took to get the notification that my son walked out of the garage to catch the school bus this morning. In that time, my truck could get stolen and be 2 miles away before my Arlo system ever let me know something happened. I suppose just being there might be a visible deterrent, but a cheap fake camera with a blinking light would do that. My Arlo cameras are an expensive novelty at best, much more a pain than anything else though.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team has rolled back to the previous firmware version, which is 1.4.293, for the Arlo Wire-Free HD Camera. If you're not seeing this firmware version on your camera, try to reboot your Base Station or remove the batteries from your camera and re-insert it back in. You can also read more about it here: How do I update my Arlo firmware manually?

If you're still experiencing this issue on firmware version 1.4.293, please contact the Support Team so they can further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.