Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signed up for new phone and got it delivered to parents but cannot set it up without my phone...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tomypayne64
Follower
Follower

So I’ve messed up and I’m annoyed. I signed up for a new phone and got it delivered to my parents where I’m on holiday (Covid not a thing, western Australia). I’ve just set it up and it wants me to connect to my cameras which are 600km away! Now I’ll have no arlo coverage of my empty house 😞

My ring doorbell didn’t require this nor did my nest camera. Both are working fine on the new phone.

What’s the deal. Is there any way around this? Can’t even keep my old phone as I have to send it back to my phone company.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All you need to do is install the app and log in normally. Switching phones doesn't matter - you just need Internet access. Use of 2FA will require that the new phone be added as a trusted device.

Kasey001
Aspirant
Aspirant

The privacy of your phone (or tablet or laptop), as well as your accounts with services like Facebook or Snapchat, is protected both by the United States and California Constitutions and by the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (CalECPA).