Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I installed my Arlo system almost three weeks ago and tested the e-mail alerts and everything was fine. Then about 6 days ago, no more email alerts. I wnet back and verified my settings did not change and still nothing. Battery levels are good too. I'm using two different email accounts, one through Google and my Apple e-mail address and have checked the spam folders and nothing anywhere. Odd that it was sending me alerts and just quit.

I've verified under "rules" that bot cameras are set to motion. The base station is running 1.3.2078 (I suppose that is the firmware) and the HW Version is VMB3010r2. I am using two different e-mail addresses (one though Google, one though Apple) nothing is showing up in spam folders. A mystery to me that I changed no settings and all was well, then nothing at all.

I can get on my iPhone and see each camera and I'm not sure why this went haywire.

30 REPLIES 30
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CML,

It sounds like the first email address is filtering or blocking emails from Arlo. Be sure Arlo alert emails are not being filtered out as spam within the affected email address.

JamesC

Terrenb
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem did you solve it?

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I finally did solve it.  Yahoo Mail had created a folder called "Unwanted," which was visible only from my computer and not my smartphone.  When I finally noticed it (below my visible folders after scrolling down), there were a ton of Arlo alerts and emails, as well as more non-junk emails from my veterinarian, etc.

Jclanton55
Aspirant
Aspirant
jjarosz
Tutor
Tutor

Two days ago, all my alerts stopped on my phone and email address.  Why did that happen? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you getting videos but no notifications or no videos, either? Try power cycling the base.