Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

E-mail alerts quit working

Discussion stats
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

I installed my Arlo system almost three weeks ago and tested the e-mail alerts and everything was fine. Then about 6 days ago, no more email alerts. I wnet back and verified my settings did not change and still nothing. Battery levels are good too. I'm using two different email accounts, one through Google and my Apple e-mail address and have checked the spam folders and nothing anywhere. Odd that it was sending me alerts and just quit.

I've verified under "rules" that bot cameras are set to motion. The base station is running 1.3.2078 (I suppose that is the firmware) and the HW Version is VMB3010r2. I am using two different e-mail addresses (one though Google, one though Apple) nothing is showing up in spam folders. A mystery to me that I changed no settings and all was well, then nothing at all.

I can get on my iPhone and see each camera and I'm not sure why this went haywire.

30 REPLIES 30
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

N22Tango wrote:

I installed my Arlo system almost three weeks ago and tested the e-mail alerts and everything was fine. Then about 6 days ago, no more email alerts. I wnet back and verified my settings did not change and still nothing. Battery levels are good too. I'm using two different email accounts, one through Google and my Apple e-mail address and have checked the spam folders and nothing anywhere. Odd that it was sending me alerts and just quit.

I've verified under "rules" that bot cameras are set to motion. The base station is running 1.3.2078 (I suppose that is the firmware) and the HW Version is VMB3010r2. I am using two different e-mail addresses (one though Google, one though Apple) nothing is showing up in spam folders. A mystery to me that I changed no settings and all was well, then nothing at all.

I can get on my iPhone and see each camera and I'm not sure why this went haywire.

Hi @N22Tango 

Can you check in the RuleSend email alert that the email is checked in green?

send email alert

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the comment.

Yes, I have verified everything is in green but still no alerts sent to either one of my email addresses anymore as they were when I first installed this.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

And I am not able to find a way to contact Netgear Arlo Support to get an answer for this problem. It seems Netgear is content to do nothing more than provide a "community board" for help from other users and nothing more. This difficulty (or impossibility actually of not help trouble shooting from Netgear) will be reflected on my Amazon review of this product.

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

N22Tango wrote:

Thank you for the comment.

Yes, I have verified everything is in green but still no alerts sent to either one of my email addresses anymore as they were when I first installed this.

Hi @N22Tango 

I will send you a PM...

ydaer
Tutor
Tutor

"Contact Us" is found http://www.arlo.com/en-US/support/contact.aspx   scroll down to find support

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning N22Tango,

I have attempted to replicate the issue you are experiencing but was able to receive email alerts as expected. I have pulled the logs from your base station and sent them to our development team for further review. 

One thing you may want to try is toggling the email alert from ON (green) to OFF (black) and back ON again. This could potentially correct the setting from getting out of sync somehow.

Can you try this and let me know? I'll provide an update once I receive feedback from our development.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
several
Aspirant
Aspirant

I setup my system this past Wednesday and email notifcations is the only issue I'm having. Arlo isn't sending email alerts when motion is detected. I've tried turning on and off email notifications and tried 2 different emails.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

Try doing a firmware update. I had the same problem. Someone from Netgear walked me through it a few days ago and I was back up nd running soon. It's odd that Netgear doesn't send out some kind of email message to alert EVERYONE that they should update the firmware or your camer(s) might quit responding. I forgot exactly how we did the firmware update, but not that complicated. Good luck.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Several,

You may want to ensure you have confirmed your registered email. Please check the following settings:

- Click/Tap on Settings

- Click/Tap Personal Settings

- Observe the status of your email address

*if you have not clicked on the confirmation link sent to your registered email account it's likely emails will not be sent until the registered email is  showing "confirmed".

Please let me know if that status of your email is "Confirmed" but you are still not receiving email alerts.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
several
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Christine, that solved the issue. These cameras are amazing, I'm now a *very* happy customer.

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I'd say the email verification is one of the things they need to work on at netgear.  I didn't realize it was a necessary step as well until I googled the issue.  How about a popup saying that this address has not yet been verified.

Also, whats the point in verification if you can setup additional email addresses to receive notifications, and that process requires no verification of the email address.

pdxatx
Guide
Guide

I was searching online to see of there was a email issue today.

For me I've been using Arlo without issue since July, getting push alerts and emails with each motion event.

however today I haven't received any emails since approx 9:20am this morning, I'm still getting my push alerts and the videos are showing up ok, just lacking the emails.

I have reset the base station, and checked the settings, my email address is confirmed and green.

Additionally I have reset the "send email alert" for each camera under the "rules", and I also added another email that I have.

with all that I'm still not receiving email alerts ?

Firmware is all up to date.

looking for assistance at this point, thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pdxatx,

Have you checked spam folders to make sure the e-mails aren't being filtered out?

JamesC

pdxatx
Guide
Guide

Of course, that's the most basic of things to check first. Nothing in spam.

As it was I started to slowly get my email notificatiins coming through late last night, but they were slow.

again I'm now using two email addresses for notification, yahoo and a gmail account.

even today there were delays when notifications came through.

I'm suspicious that there is some delay on the netgear side with a server.

in the past I used to get instant email notifications, from yesterday this is now no longer the case. It's starting to feel a bit like Dropcam when they became more popular (I was an early adopter and saw the server deteriorate over the years, and once google/nest bought them it then got really bad )

GDelmotte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem since last sunday, no email receiving into the main email adress, i add a second email, the second works well but no more alert into the first email (i select/deselect email, restart the base, remove the psu , wait and replug the base, check the antivirus, check into the email server).

Any ideas ???

Thanks a lot 

Gilles Delmotte

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GDelmotte,

Consider contacting your e-mail provider to see if netgear.com, arlo.com, or amazonses.com has been blacklisted. They should be able to remove these from the blacklist if they are which will allow you to continue receiving notifications.

JamesC

pdxatx
Guide
Guide

Gilles, yes this is an interesting issue.

when I setup a 2nd email for notification, I got some initially, then it stopped, then it restarted sporadically.

on my primary email which had the originally issue, the emails had stopped, then a day later they started coming in slowly and delayed.

there is still some issue on the netgear side, as I've played with a number of different email addresses.

GDelmotte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I add the second email address 3 days ago and it's still working (the second not the first 😉 I open a ticket to my provider to  check if arlo.com domain is blacklisted (but i don't think so, because the second email address is on a different domain name but is managed by the same provider).

sheikh_707707
Star
Star

GO TO HOME PAGE ON ARLO AND CLICK MODE. ONCE YOU CLICK ON MODE THEN YOUR STATION AND ITS SERIAL ID NUMBER WILL APPEAR. CLICK ON THAT NEXT. THEN YOU WILL GO TO A PAGE THAT SHOWS ALL MODES FOR THE ARLO SETUP. SET YOUR CAMERAS ON ARMED WITH RECORD ON MOTION AND RECORD ON SOUND. THEN YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PENCIL AND EDIT EACH CAMERA, CHECK THE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION ON EACH CAMERA ALONG WITH ARMED AND RECORD ON MOTION AND SOUND. CLICK SAVE EVERYTIME. THEN UNPLUG ARLO STATION,MODEM AND ROUTER. POWER SHUTOFF FOR 1MIN. THEN TURN ON MODEM AND ROUTER WAIT UNTIL LIGHTS ARE ON. THEN TURN ON ARLO STATION WAIT UNTIL GREEN LIGHTS ARE ON, WALK OUT SIDE AND YOUR PHONE AND EMAIL WILL BE NOTIFIED 24/7. YOUR WELCOME.

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine stopped sending email alerts about a week ago. I have had the system fir a year, so I know everything is set up correctly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's worth checking your modes and rules to ensure that notifications are still enabled, even if you haven't changed anything.  Are they?

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everything is as it should be, and I had already toggled off and back on before I read that suggestion. Gonna try adding a different email address.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your email domain (e.g. gmail.com)?

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant
09/01/16 was the last email alert Arlo sent to my Yahoo mail acct. that I had been using for a year. Yesterday I added a second Yahoo email to one camera, and it IS receiving the Arlo alerts. The Arlo setup now shows 2 email accts to be alerted for that camera, but I'm still not getting alerted on the original email. First I tried removing the original email and then even adding it a second time, but it wouldn't let me do either.