Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is 15 cameras per base station a hardware limit?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TimHemmelman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Group,

I have 15 cameras on my base station (the orginal version, not the pro)  I wanted to resurrect one of my old cameras that had been sitting in the drawer. I knew I had reached my limit on the account so I upgraded to business professional.  When I try to connect this camera to the base station it flashes blue and then fast orange.  Does anyone know, if your account has more than 15 cameras, if any given base station still has a 15 camera limit?  Note that it could be a faulty camera in this case.  I think I may have been having trouble with it way back when and that's why it was in the drawer.  Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-Arlo-business-subscription-plans-are-avail...

Older threads do talk about a base station limit of 15 but I'm not sure if that's true since the Enterprise plan allows up to 40 cameras. With that many cameras, you might want a second base station anyway to give you the range needed for good video

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To the best of my knowledge... Base limit is 15 cameras with a max of 5 streaming at same time.

I don't know how the business plan functions but will ask

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------