Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lnglgs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to be able to move my cameras further from the base what do I have to do? I am not much of a techie so I hope it's something simple like a repeater:-) 

Also I have 4 cameras, can I turn off motion on one and leave the others on motion? Thx for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras work on wifi back to the base, so your max range is spec'ed at 300 ft ( clear , non blocked )from base to camera. ( distance may be less due to building construction, etc ) I have done 150 ft with line of sight.

There are two/three options;

1) run an ethernet cable to the center of location and then place you cameras for best signal around the centered base ( cable good to 100m )

2) use a repeater to locate you base in the center of the location, ( careful that the repeator/extender has enough thru put to handle the traffic )

3) Use two bases( or three), place one at each end of location ( running cable , etc ) and then sync the closest cameras to respective base. ( will need a higher level account for more than one base )

As to 1 cam on and 3 cams off, YES...you will have to add a new MODE but it isn't a problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras work on wifi back to the base, so your max range is spec'ed at 300 ft ( clear , non blocked )from base to camera. ( distance may be less due to building construction, etc ) I have done 150 ft with line of sight.

There are two/three options;

1) run an ethernet cable to the center of location and then place you cameras for best signal around the centered base ( cable good to 100m )

2) use a repeater to locate you base in the center of the location, ( careful that the repeator/extender has enough thru put to handle the traffic )

3) Use two bases( or three), place one at each end of location ( running cable , etc ) and then sync the closest cameras to respective base. ( will need a higher level account for more than one base )

As to 1 cam on and 3 cams off, YES...you will have to add a new MODE but it isn't a problem

Morse is faster than texting!