Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Support for this product is lousy

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chicagoslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Easy setup....yeah, 4 hours later and still no working arlo. The power light and internet light are both green. But the app and website never find the base station. Non existent support after spending over $400. This web based support sucks, as I've seen at least a dozen other users with the same issue and never getting resolved. I'm only gonna give this until tomorrow and then a amazon return is going back and I'll buy something that has an "easy setup". Phone support for this product....hahahahaha, called the number on the box and waited an hour on hold and hung up. wasted my time and money with lousy product that sounds like it should still be in beta testing.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app won't work until you've used WiFI or Ethernet on the same network as the router to set things up with a web browser. Cell service won't suffice.

chicagoslim
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are connected to the same network, the base station is connected to the internet via my router along with 2 other PC's . my tablet, phone connect to the same network, I live on 82 acres of land and there is no other wireless network available
chicagoslim
Aspirant
Aspirant
On my tablet and phones I even turned off mobile data, I tried on my pc with is connected via Ethernet to my router the base station is plugged into
chicagoslim
Aspirant
Aspirant
All I get is green light on power and internet. Power cycled router/modem and arlo base station, hit the reset button, I have spent hours looking for solution online. I followed directions to a T, called Comcast and they even spent an hour on the phone trying to help me.Comcast gave me support, the worst company in America gives support for a product that's not even theirs, netgear and arlo are trash and offer no support. I'm just going to send it back, too many other options out there, and too many other companies are willing to support their products.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chicagoslim,

I apologize for the frustration you are experiencing with the setup. It seems you are following the correct steps to setup a new account and have performed a simple reset of the base station by pressing the reset button. Please consider a complete factory reset of the base station by holding the "sync" button and the red reset button until all lights on the base station flash amber.  Allow the base station to power cycle and the power and internet LED's to return to solid green and try performing the new system setup again. Please let me know if you are still having trouble!

JamesC