Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video count including video in recycle bin

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

In the camera page, the green video counter shown 40 but in the library there isn't any. Finally find them in the recycle bin, some are 2 weeks ago. First, those video should had been removed according to 7 days rule. Second, including those in the video count is confusing. Please help to check.

4 REPLIES 4
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ML,

I've checked my counter and it is showing the accurate amount that is within the Library. In attempt to replicate what you are experiencing, kindly provide the following information:

1. What browser are you using to view your library? Please provide the version of the browser.
  2. Is this occurring on both the WebUI and Arlo application (mobile)

In addition to the above questions, clear the cache and cookies of your browser (process may vary on browser being used). Once you've cleared it, log back into the Arlo website and see if the counter is still including the count of items in the recycle bin.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

KristynM,

I clear the cache of my browser, IE 11.0.9600 and Firefox 40.0.2. I check the video count again, the video count stills include the video in the recycle bin date Aug 14. 

The same occurs on Arlo android app.

Thanks

ML

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ML,

Thank you for the response. I am still able to see that the Content Counter corresponds to the number of files I have in my Library. Kindly try restarting your base station. You could restart the base station via the WebUI (Settings > Base Station Settings > Restart). This will not delete any of your settings. The restart function is the same as physically powering off and on the base station.

If the counter is still inaccurate, Factory Reset is recommended. Please keep in mind that a Factory Reset will delete all settings and content. You may want to download and save content that you would like to have saved before performing this. To perform a Factory Reset of your system:

1. Press the Sync and Reset button until all LED is Amber
  2. Reconnect your base station to your account. (Login to Arlo Account > Settings > Subscription > Add a Base Station)
  3. Powercycle your cameras (Opening the battery compartment door and then closing it)
  4. Sync the cameras one at a time.

I am looking forward to your response and results.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My deleted files go back to August 7 on my basic plan. There are 15 deleted files between August 7 to 16, inclusive. The count of current files is correct as noted on the Cameras screen and verified in the library.