Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

Distance

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lnglgs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to be able to move my cameras further from the base what do I have to do? I am not much of a techie so I hope it's something simple like a repeater:-) 

Also I have 4 cameras, can I turn off motion on one and leave the others on motion? Thx for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras work on wifi back to the base, so your max range is spec'ed at 300 ft ( clear , non blocked )from base to camera. ( distance may be less due to building construction, etc ) I have done 150 ft with line of sight.

There are two/three options;

1) run an ethernet cable to the center of location and then place you cameras for best signal around the centered base ( cable good to 100m )

2) use a repeater to locate you base in the center of the location, ( careful that the repeator/extender has enough thru put to handle the traffic )

3) Use two bases( or three), place one at each end of location ( running cable , etc ) and then sync the closest cameras to respective base. ( will need a higher level account for more than one base )

As to 1 cam on and 3 cams off, YES...you will have to add a new MODE but it isn't a problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras work on wifi back to the base, so your max range is spec'ed at 300 ft ( clear , non blocked )from base to camera. ( distance may be less due to building construction, etc ) I have done 150 ft with line of sight.

There are two/three options;

1) run an ethernet cable to the center of location and then place you cameras for best signal around the centered base ( cable good to 100m )

2) use a repeater to locate you base in the center of the location, ( careful that the repeator/extender has enough thru put to handle the traffic )

3) Use two bases( or three), place one at each end of location ( running cable , etc ) and then sync the closest cameras to respective base. ( will need a higher level account for more than one base )

As to 1 cam on and 3 cams off, YES...you will have to add a new MODE but it isn't a problem

Morse is faster than texting!