Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base not reconized by android phone or web site.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mike_vest_1961
Guide
Guide

I have a new install and I cannot get my base registered. I have a green power light and a green internet light. But cannot get my phone or browser to work with it. 

5 REPLIES 5
RX
Guide
Guide

Have you followed the steps described on page 4 from this link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/arlo/Arlo_UM_23Dec2014.pdf ?

There is also a video about Arlo installation in youtube, you may want to watch it as well.  

Since its an initial setup, you may want to perform a factory reset on the base station.  Check this link as reference then go to #8: https://community.netgear.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/arlo-knowledge-base/article-id/61

mike_vest_1961
Guide
Guide

Thanks, but I have already did a reset on the base, and the documentation states to put in serial number manually if the system doesnt reconize it. But it doesnt allow for manual entry. 

So far...still not working. Will likely return the system. 

chicagoslim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, did you resolve or just return? For an easy setup this is crap

mike_vest_1961
Guide
Guide

Returned it. Found a Vuezone system instead. Much easier.

chicagoslim wrote:

I'm having the same problem, did you resolve or just return? For an easy setup this is crap

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mike_vest_1961 wrote:

Returned it. Found a Vuezone system instead. Much easier.

Mike... fyi, Vuezone is really the first gen of Arlo ( private company picked up by netgear a while back ). I'm afraid tho it may be easier, you will find the quality of the videos a lot less than Arlo ( had a vuezone system before Arlo myself )

Good luck

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------