Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi team,

Creating new thread as the other thread (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getting-Very-...) has status of solved and it seems I am unable to reply to that.

So a week ago, I started noticing that there is a delay of couple of hours between motion / notification and upload of video to the cloud. For example, I get up in the morning and I see new videos from the day before from 6pm. That's a big delay. I understand that there were some cloud issues, but I would like to report it's not solved.

I did do whatever I could do on my end (unplug, reboot, resync, check time setting), but no change.

thank you for guidance and update

54 REPLIES 54
TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

I have also been having same issues for 2 months no resolution, multiple chat sessions open case ongoing with nothing happening on it. Can identify the exact day it started and have all notifications since. Tried everything i can think of even pulled the whole system out at the weekend took it to a neighbours who has adsl, set the system up there was better initially but later i saw email/video appeared after several hours delay so still had the same issue.

Has anyone on the forum had this resolved? If so what was the fix? Netgear can you help? Ive seen many threads for the same issue there must be some history on whats causing these kind of issues?

Located in Victoria Australia, on nbn satellite bband.

ajais
Guide
Guide

If everyone who is having this problem would open a support ticket with Netgear and refer to this thread, then maybe they would realize that the problem is with them and not with our networks.  You can open a ticket via email here: http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx#Email

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you.  I will do this.   I don't want to pay for support when it's THEIR issue, not ours.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

I tried but it won't let me - how convenient for them.   I will post everywhere I can that these cameras no longer work correctly and are thus worthless.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

No news from my end. Back and forth communication with Netgear Support, provided them with new speed test results today. Their suggested next step: "We may also need to do a factory reset on the base station but let us try get the ping results first as we would like to avoid being in a situation that will require us to resync all your cameras from scratch."

dJos1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also created a support ticket, and sended several mails, but not a real solutions for this problem.

One of the support guys told me to switch the timezone on the base station for 1 - 2 hours and then set ik back. This works for me, but only for around 24 hours, and then the delay starting again.

My last reply from the support was that they gonna discuss the problem with there engineers on how to solve my problem, but didn't hear anything after one week.

Is someone having also problems with the videos that they are blurry? Sometimes - if the video apears- the quality is so bad that you cannot see what is happening. I've also noticed that those recordings are not the full lenght off 10 seconds.

ajais
Guide
Guide

I already did a factory reset on the base station and did resync all of my cameras.  Just like power cycling the base station, the delay starts off  fine and then gets progressively worse.  All this is very symptomatic of a firmware memory leak in the base station unit.....

Anvil_Jr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. Push alerts are instant but no recording to view. Many hours later I'll get an email showing a link to the video. This is very annoying and kind of makes these cameras a bit worthless.

TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

Further to my prior post, my case ID is #28420089 opened around May 12 2017 on this exact issue, still unresolved. Just updated the case with further info letting Arlo know I tried the system on another internet connection with same issue showing up and added the title of this thread for them to reveiw and consider that this seemingly isnt an isolated case.

For reference this issue started for me on May 4th 2017, 1:15pm Melbourne Time was last of the 'fault free' immediate video/email uploads. Next detection event at 2:36pm same day saw the delay for the first time. Over the next 3-4 days the % of delayed emails/videos increased and then seems pretty stable from that point with 95%+ delayed since that point, delays are 1-4hrs and always turn up eventually. Looks like they get 'stacked' somewhere as I get a glut of emails/videos coming through on the hour for the first few minutes of the hour, sometimes I get the emails/uploads out of detection chronological order.

madler
Guide
Guide

I too filed a support ticket and referenced this thread.

TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

Forgot to mention, I can  stream all cameras live at the same time with no buffering and if I make a manually triggered recording it reliably saves into my library each time straight away. However, I've tried streaming one camera live (to establish I have an active internet connection with no drop out) and then walking to trigger a camera still on motion detection - motion triggered video/email delayed from that camera, while still streaming live on the other camera?

Not sure if this helps or someone can explain the difference between manual recording and motion triggered recording and the way they are uploaded?

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Please also read string "Arlo Pro Email Notification Delay" - same problem; different folks.

jpr007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ticket opened two days ago, but no response from Netgear.

ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Last week or so, seeing significant delays in getting email notifications:

This was received at 2:10pm :

Arlo has detected motion on one of your cameras. Here are the details:

Backyard at 11:27:58 AM EDT on Jun 20 2017

Sending other emails directly to that account are fast (within a few minutes), so I don't think this is an issue with my email provider (gmail).

TristanB
Tutor
Tutor
I tried 3 different email addresses and none made any difference, tried switching off email and just use push notif but still video is delayed. Also cut video quality and length to minimum to lower file size to around 130kb no change. Been through the std reboots, batt out restarts and unblocked ports and changed router settings. Arlo I need some serious help on this one now and I'm not seeing that from you, after some intense help early on you seem to have lost interest in my case? - how do we get an arlo engineer into the conversation, saw a very similar chain from about a year ago more people on it and arlo stepped in and fixed it. Looks like exact Same issue from my limited tech ability
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

This morning my "leaving for work" video actually landed in the Library within seconds.  First time in several weeks.  Later in the afternoon the videos seem to make it to the Library in an acceptable amount of time.  I am not confident that the issue has been corrected however - time will tell.

TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

I saw the same yesterday, 1st detection of the day immediate upload/email. Next 20 were delayed.

Whats the go with getting Arlo to help fault find this, posting on this forum and raising cases doesnt seem to be working?

I did just go in and open another case (#28605660) asking for resolution to the original case that I now cannot seem to review anymore

jpr007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received an email from them yesterday, suggesting that I redo some things I have already done, plus change email addresses.  They appear to be floundering around in the dark.  I will work on this again this weekend, but my next step will be to take this to one of our local television stations to see if they will help all of us.  Jim

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I think the major part of finding a "solution" is that for most of us the recordings land in our libraries and email and phone notifications also arrive promptly (except for the few times they've had server issues).

TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

Major part of finding a solution is getting involved, inactivity solves nothing and thats what im seeing from arlo for last few weeks, zip

A friend who has this system who never had an issue got his first delay yesterday................those who are ok now beware, may not last

ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

More very late alerts - just got one this morning from 10pm last night...I'd attach a pic, but don't see how to (only link/video allowed)....

video was at 10:19pm last night, got the email at 10:11am this morning!

What gives, Netgear?  Server issues? 

EDIT:  HAHAHAHAH way to go Netgear, went to try and open a ticket, this is what I get:

Netgear Support:

A fatal server error occured and has been emailed to support personel. 

Smiley Frustrated  (oh, and Netgear, get some spellcheckers...'personel' should be 'personNel'!)

ajais
Guide
Guide

The odd thing is that yesterday I received all alerts and the library was updated within a minute.  There was no intervention on my part - I have been remote for the past month.  So yes, has to be on their server side or something to do with how our base stations interact with the servers (given that a reboot seems to aleviate the issue - for a while.)

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Several strings are going on the same topic.  We have iPhones, Androids, and have re-started base, etc. so it is not our issue.  Please keep this topic going until they admit and correct the issue(s).  The cameras are worthless if we don't receive a video in our Library immediately.

jalbright51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this problem also. I get the alert of motion detected but a big delay ov video in the library for me to review. I reset the hub and all the cameras and this didn't clear up the problem.
TristanB
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone had confirmation of a fix on this yet? As of the last 3.5hrs my system has been working flawlessly, emails/videos within a minute or so of motion detection which is normal. Had 30 triggers this arvo across all cameras and all worked perfectly. Havent seen that kind of consistency for 2 months.......