Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
Arloarlo2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
rahjib
Guide
Guide

Here's how I came to know about this downtime, I have the geofencing setup, and geofencing only works if the app in the phone is logged in. The apps logged out and then arlo got armed because it's the away mode. Once it detected my motion it set off the siren.

Currently the app is continuing to be either logged in or logged out depending on its mood, and unable to access cameras. I very much doubt the security system is working (recording motion, video) in an offline mode, as others have suggested. I know for a fact that if video cannot be recorded to cloud, they are also not recorded to local USB. Whereas the opposite works i.e. records to cloud even if unable to record to local. This should be an easy fix for Netgear, to record to either cloud or local USB, based on availability.

This is the first dowtime I am facing since getting the system 2 months ago. However, at that time I had read about a previous downtime faced by Netgear, so I am guessing this is the 2nd major global downtime Netgear faced with Arlo?

I am not super concerned about the specific downtime per se, but I am concerned about the robustness and resiliency of the system. E.g. system should continue to provide primary function of security in local capacity (record locally, detect motion and record video based on existing rules, allow app to work to connect to base station in lieu of cloud) until cloud access is restored.

nyczjim
Initiate
Initiate

I'm seeing multiple messages upon the login process.

1. Cannot authenticate

2. We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again.

3. Your arlo appears to be offline

How much longer is this going to take to resolve?

I did a search and it seems like this happened in the past.

I do have a suggestion for Netgear-

Can you have a "status bar" or "dashboard" at the top of the page that shows the current status of your services? Eg, green = operational, yellow = partial outage, red = down.

If there's something that's malfunctioning, a brief message can be posted within stating the issue and an investigation is going on etc.

speshulted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah same here. If you keep hitting refresh occasionally it goes through and you can view a live feed, though it doesn't seem to be updating.

dlr32
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to log on via the website for just a little bit... But it showed the base station offline, although all the lights are green on the base station.. Maybe the app update screwed everything up?!?!?!?
Mitch713
Aspirant
Aspirant
No service in Washington state either
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Same it's been since last night
migaromero
Initiate
Initiate

I can sign in but cant turn ON the Arlo. Not good for safety. How the heck am i supposed to trust a security system that doesnt let me secure my home??

Now i just have to hope i have a home to go back to. For $100+ dollars, this is not acceptable. I will be looking for other security systems. 

FamilyInFla
Star
Star

I would return the system if I were you. My system is less than 2 years old and out of 5 cameras 3 went bad. Support personnel are condescending. Have had nothing but trouble!

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

I have 5 ARLO cameras (3 original wireless, 2 ARLO Q's)

I tried on 4 different devices (my PC desktop, my PC laptop, my iPhone and my iPad) to view my cameras - I cleared all cache on each device as well as cookies and history and even restarted each device - all to no avail. I also just restarted my Netgear camera base station, also to no avail...

W

hen I try to long on using ANY of my devices, I get a yellow bar across the top that says:

"We Are Sorry, the database is currently down, please try again".

Is it down for all of us? I'm on the east coast in the state of PA in case that makes a difference.  Thanks

~Susan

Thebusiness
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem. Doesn't help to have the cameras if we can't have the access. Please fix. 

1214fcbaa9
Tutor
Tutor

So is Twitter the only place this notification is posted?  How about a banner on your support site where customers will actually see it?

PCCRUISE
Aspirant
Aspirant

First thing this morning I was able to connect and view videos from last night, but shortly there after I was basically disconnected.  Getting authentication error when trying to log in, now getting "We are sorry, the database services is currently down.  Please try again".  I reset my station, but still same issue.  Internet is fine.

pvsmiths
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, first time. It was just weird because I decided to charge them up and this happened at the same time. Nothing's perfect. I'm sure they are dealing with it.

Catrosl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same message ! what is going on ??? 

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

Wow, thanks, that works for me. But yeah, wtf??? Some kind of notification to customers would have been nice. ARLO sucks at that.

Thanks again for the info, have a awesome day!

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

....aaaaaaaaaand I spoke too soon, still getting "database is down" message

jimdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.

AGoodfriend
Initiate
Initiate

Yes - mine is giving same message.  Network wont permit log-in either to shut system down.  Outage at least since 06:00 EST.  40+ minute wait for telecom support

Larrysmurf88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here in Toronto... system down! Fix Arlo fix!!!
Mikecorreia0722
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same issue. Tried the same thing. Reboot system and checked the internet. Everything my end is fine. Can't live view anything
Texas-Scot
Aspirant
Aspirant

For thse who have local memory on your base station, are you still getting local recording?? 

JamesTJeanetteC
Initiate
Initiate
We’re experiencing the same issue. We’re in CA
tonymang
Aspirant
Aspirant

All get is a busy signal...not even courtesy of a message giving estimated wait time.

I just bought the system and now thinking of dumping it.  What goodis it if they dont even have backup systems to keep customers up and running.

Kmander
Tutor
Tutor

Same here on the west coast since I got up at 6:30 this morning. Still getting camera alerts on iPhone and iPad.  Was on another thread and see many more complaints of the same issue.