Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Database service is currently down...

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

JamesC

View solution in original post

280 REPLIES 280
kenny_boon
Tutor
Tutor

All,

i live in the UK and my arlo system has just gone offline and will not come back on. tried disconnecting and reconnecting but nothing

anyone else getting this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here. My server is in Ireland so likely the same one as you. Maybe an ISP issue?  Is the Internet LED green or amber?

kenny_boon
Tutor
Tutor

all green at the moment. I have a ring cam and its working ok

HWC123
Tutor
Tutor

Like others my arlo system was working fine yesterday. Today everything is still normal on my ipad. However, my imac wont let me log into "my arlo". I just have the green arlo bird flashing. Any suggestions?

Djmcp
Star
Star
Djmcp
Star
Star
In US. Also seeing database service is down. Base station was showing offline earlier but now I can’t login. Seems to be an issue in the cloud...
ThePoncho
Tutor
Tutor

Currently experiencing the same situation on the NY/Canada border area. Not a big deal to me currently. At least I know the problem isn't on my end if others are having it. 

DjAndrade
Guide
Guide
I’m from Arizona and having Same issues
djilbi
Aspirant
Aspirant

unfortunately, same here.

tomcoleman
Guide
Guide

down for me too

arlo_down.jpg

calihearts2007
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same issue in North Carolina
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

And me!

purplecat
Guide
Guide

same here, 3 cam system MoV area. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, something else is going on because half the time I get the message that I am logged in on another browser which clearing the cache and cookies doesn't help and half the time I'm getting the message that the 'Authentication Service is currently down, try again later.

So, Netgear please update us as to what else is going on. Not much use in having security cameras if you can't access them.

BTW, there should be a way to access them directly without going through your servers so that we don't have to worry about things like this.

ru4US
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. Whittier CA.
1214fcbaa9
Tutor
Tutor

Same - Has Netgear posted a service outage yet? I haven't found one yet - this really needs to be addressed.

purplecat
Guide
Guide

this is also bad given the political situation these days... terrible timing

swtjen01
Initiate
Initiate

Same here in Alabama.  This is an Arlo issue I hope they fix soon.

HillD
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is going on Arlo? Cannot view my cameras on my iPad or phone remotely. Is this being fixed right away? 

wminott
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, same here in the UK.  Not sure the point of having security cameras if you cannot access them?

Vidalmata135
Tutor
Tutor
Same here it says database currently down it is a problem because you rely on this system for security
guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

here too in Italy

HillD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can we please have an update urgently. I need to know what is happening because I will need to travel back home ASAP if it is something I need to fix from the hub indoors.

martim
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, that's not good. Then you can really see how fragile they are. I just hope that they have not been hacked so that there is access to every camera from the outside Smiley Surprised