Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
Darkat
Initiate
Initiate

we use this system for security having been burgled 1 week ago and now the servers are down (in Australia) - what is going on Netgear. Really poor show!!! Can you inform us when the system will be up and running!!!!

ThePoncho
Tutor
Tutor

Weird, the system still seems to be down, yet I just recieved a push notification of motion on one of my cameras. 

But the message has changed from database down to my devices not being connected, check router, internet connection, etc. 

computermodman
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here in wisconsin, but the worst is im paying for CVR service and its down, what good is that to me.

Jneal4810
Tutor
Tutor
Down in Indiana
yelef77
Aspirant
Aspirant
wminott
Tutor
Tutor

This is frustrating.  I bought these cameras after my house was burgled in December to give me peace of min.  Now I cannot connect.  I really do not see the point in the camera's of they are going to go offline.  I thought Netgear was a brand I can trust.  Having only had the cameras for three months, is the service always this flaky?

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@MikeBravowrote:

Ok, something else is going on because half the time I get the message that I am logged in on another browser which clearing the cache and cookies doesn't help and half the time I'm getting the message that the 'Authentication Service is currently down, try again later.

So, Netgear please update us as to what else is going on. Not much use in having security cameras if you can't access them.

Power cycled the base station, but that didn't help. Also, every few tries, I can login but no cameras show up.

BTW, there should be a way to access them directly without going through your servers so that we don't have to worry about things like this.

Djmcp
Star
Star
@thepancho - I was seeing something similar a couple hours ago. Base station was offline but I could watch my cameras live. After an hour of troubleshooting, it turned into the inability to login with the database service down message
tomcoleman
Guide
Guide

seems backup now

ThePoncho
Tutor
Tutor

Looks like we don't have much choice but to ride it out. 

rahjib
Guide
Guide

Same issue in Toronto! Also my android app acting very weird, sometimes it's saying I am logged out, and then I close it (also swipe it away from the app drawer) and then open it again and voila it's logged in, trying to get status... eventually showing the pop-down burnt orange dialogue box saying "....database service down...."

This is not only being unreliable, but also feels like a security hole at least on the app front. The app should either be logged out or logged in, not either or at as it's mood allows.

I would hope Netgear would fix this so that at least we can access the cameras and they are able to record locally (to attached USB) in case of incidents such as these. Remote access to the cameras need not require cloud access, as they are connected to my wifi at home using the base station. In fact before these cloud smart security cam fads, there have been plenty of security camera solution that could do continuous recording onto local storage, which could be accessed remotely.

So, I hope Netgear is able to do this with firmware upgrade, and not require purchase of the next version. I understand netgear service can be down, but in that case the only impact should be: not recording to cloud, and not being able to access cloud recordings from the past.

JDT88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Down in the US as well.
jcross32986
Initiate
Initiate
Also down in Indiana. No notification, warning, anything. Not too pleased right now. Have had my system for 6 months and have noticed my cameras go “offline” about every 2 weeks. Not very effective when we spend that kind of money on something that is supposed to help us feel safe and secure.... Someone needs to get it together if they are to have a successful security camera business. Right now is well below basic standards.
Darkat
Initiate
Initiate

great - chat is experiencing a high volume of chat requests...

excellent service netgear

MorbidMe51
Initiate
Initiate
Haven’t been able to access my cameras/view recordings for the past couple of hours. Anyone else having this issue? NThe base is connected to the internet and I’m still getting notifications when the camera gets triggered.
Hirsch
Guide
Guide
I’ve noticed sometimes mine still record motion even when things are not working properly. I guess that’s a good thing
warprints
Star
Star

Same here.   Getting frustrating.  I've seen no explanation.

Vidalmata135
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry arlo Im returning this piece of junk security system keep having issues every week cannot rely on this for my security
JRT3
Tutor
Tutor
Getting the “....currently down” message also here is Australia.
Hirsch
Guide
Guide
Mine also says other error messages depending on how many times I try to access it
MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

Yes, same problem. Cant login from the web or the app

WN_143
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here as well.  Authentication and Database services appear to be down for Arlo/Netgear

warprints
Star
Star

Well, let me take a wild guess.   The problem is universal.   It's down in Louisiana, too.

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine also still records motion and sends me alerts but I cannot access the Mode section to turn it off...guess I will have to switch off the base station until Arlo sorts out its issues

ronubi
Aspirant
Aspirant