Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Anonvocif
Follower
Follower

Man these things blow. I thought I'd go whole hog and upgrade when my Chifi doorbell broke, but  I thought the phrase was "you get what you paid for". I paid for security.
I'm either doing something wrong or these cameras are absolute trash? Using an Android phone and here are all the problems I've had since putting these in:
1. Mesh node base station its connected to keeps dropping. I've had this network stable for 6 months with the only downtime being cable/power outages
2. Phone keeps dropping wifi when I get a notification - I will legit have to disconnect from wifi and reconnect to get it working again
3. Multiple notifications for the same alert. If I swipe it away too fast it repeats it to me 2-3x
4. Cannot dismiss doorbell notification I have to force close the app everytime
5. No video when the doorbell rings. My $100 Chifi doorbell did this fine last 2 years why TF can't y'all
6. Only the main user can answer the doorbell. 4 of us in the house, 3 iphones, 1 Android, and only 1 iphone can actually answer.
7. What is up with the live camera delay??? It is 6-8 second long. Are there censors waiting with a button in the background? Are the network packets going around the globe twice before they hit my phone 1 ip address over on the local network? Ridiculous

If I hadn't waited so long to install them they're be back out the door by now but I'm such with this trash

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Anonvocif,

Could you let us know what product you are mentioning?