Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chifi doorbell broke and upgraded to Arlo system. Having problems while using Android phone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Anonvocif
Follower
Follower

Man these things blow. I thought I'd go whole hog and upgrade when my Chifi doorbell broke, but  I thought the phrase was "you get what you paid for". I paid for security.
I'm either doing something wrong or these cameras are absolute trash? Using an Android phone and here are all the problems I've had since putting these in:
1. Mesh node base station its connected to keeps dropping. I've had this network stable for 6 months with the only downtime being cable/power outages
2. Phone keeps dropping wifi when I get a notification - I will legit have to disconnect from wifi and reconnect to get it working again
3. Multiple notifications for the same alert. If I swipe it away too fast it repeats it to me 2-3x
4. Cannot dismiss doorbell notification I have to force close the app everytime
5. No video when the doorbell rings. My $100 Chifi doorbell did this fine last 2 years why TF can't y'all
6. Only the main user can answer the doorbell. 4 of us in the house, 3 iphones, 1 Android, and only 1 iphone can actually answer.
7. What is up with the live camera delay??? It is 6-8 second long. Are there censors waiting with a button in the background? Are the network packets going around the globe twice before they hit my phone 1 ip address over on the local network? Ridiculous

If I hadn't waited so long to install them they're be back out the door by now but I'm such with this trash

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Anonvocif,

Could you let us know what product you are mentioning?