Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Horrible Customer Service

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Stircrazi
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Arlo VMB4000 by Netgear. Several cameras attached to it, even one with a Solar Power supply. I have never been impressed with the Arlo system, slow connect time, lag time on video, the fact that the system has to connect to an external server to work. But I was into it for over a thousand dollars, so I kept it. Last year when I read about the Essential Spotlight camera I thought I would give it a try. Big, I mean HUGE mistake. This camera has never worked for more that 24 hours. And now after several weeks of back and forth with Arlo/Netgear they have finally agreed to replace the camera. BUT, and and big BUT. I have to return the camera first and then they will send a replacement out. I do not consider this a huge problem, after-all it is Netgear and IMO they are known for this kind of customer service. As in TRUST no one. Finally they sent me the RMA directions. Lots of legal stuff, no responsibility, your problem, if something goes wrong, not our problem. Our decision is the final one, and if you don't like it, too bad. You know, typical Netgear BS.

I followed the steps provided to me to ship the camera back as a SWAP. Keeping up with Arlo/Netgears stellar customer support, no return shipping address was provided. No other company have I ever dealt with makes it so painful to do post-business with. It just makes my stomach turn. Never again will I purchase a Netgear or Arlo product.

I guess I should feel fortunate that Arlo/Netgear actually agreed to swap out a 5 month old defective camera purchased directly from Arlo/Netgear.. SMH

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Stircrazi

Thanks for providing your feedback, were you able to return your defective camera? 

Stircrazi
Initiate
Initiate

Finally, on March 20th, 2021 I received a reply with a domestic shipping address of 3605 Knight Road, Suite 101 Memphis, TN 38118.

I do hope this was correct.

James

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the info, it looks like your RMA is heading to the correct location.