Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you still have the option to return to seller ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

Purchased from HSN about a month ago.  Need to check return info.

Kite346
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have removed the battery lid several times.  I’ve also removed and added the camera to the system and it still has the red image. How can I have it exchanged with a new one?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact support at the bottom of the page or if you're still under warranty take it back to the retailer

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

contact support for warranty claim

manfredz
Hero
Hero

If you can't return to the store you bought from, contact technical support using one of the methods found at the bottom of every forum page.

mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, everything is being returned to HSN.  Too many operational issues.  Not syncing, going off line, delayed recording when working, battery draining, pink view, and terrible customer service.  Only had for three weeks all with frustration.  Staying with Piper Security, despite their lack of outdoor camera availability.  Their system uses my wifi with no issues.  The Arlo base was a problem as well as needing to activate the wire free cameras and Q cameras separately when they would work.  Real nuisance.

Tntiedemann
Aspirant
Aspirant

System less then 2 weeks old and camera has a constant red hue to the picture. Spent an hour and a half with customer service. Because their system doesn't recognize my zip code (????). They want me to pay for their faulty crap and then they will refund me. Will be returning to place of purchase and recommend you do the same.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Take it back to the store and get an Arlo Pro system. It's 1000x better than the Arlo HD. No pink video either because they moved away from the mechanical IR filter that gets stuck. Way better with the built in rechargeable battery and the motion detection is way better too

48CP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved a camera about same time you guys did a software upgrade - also changed batteries as they were showing less than 10%. Camera works fine in dark, but now it is red only in daylight. Also it seems to have changed recording time setting to 45 seconds and I can't seem to change back.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For the RED issue , Open the Arlo cam and remove than replace the batteries....

gently knock the top of cam as the filter for IR is stuck.

If this does not fix it or it happens again, contact Netgear Support

The time adjustment for the cam is in the settings of the MODE

rperez70
Aspirant
Aspirant
How to fix my camera tinted red/pink
Boot879
Star
Star
Read all of the posts in this thread. About 80% of them answer that question.
Calexico
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanx

Covering the lens forcing it to IR night mode solved my pink image problem. No need to remove batteries or resync.

placerman
Guide
Guide
I held the camera to my shirt to go to black & white night mode. Then back to color abiut 5 times. Works for now...
austinnate
Aspirant
Aspirant

When calling or text based chat they will ask you to do the following.

May want to try these steps in advance. They are calling me back and will be doing an exchange of the camera. Hopfully it will be a NEW one NOT a refurbished one as I didnt orgionally purchase a refurbished camera.

1. Check the camera location / right temperature and humidity (Operating temperature: 14° to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C)

- if it was placed outdoor = try placing the camera indoor and see the result

2. Powercycle the camera

- opening and closing battery door may not be enough or better yet remove the batteries and wait for 10 seconds before placing it back and closing the battery door.

3. Swap the batteries from a known working camera and see if you are getting the same problem. 

4. Remove the camera from your Arlo account 

- Go to settings > My Devices > Click on affected camera > Hit remove and continue then re-sync again the camera to the base station

JSWIFT
Aspirant
Aspirant

CALL TECH SUPPORT THEY WILL REPLACE IT FOR FREE..... I HAD TWO OF MINE REPLACE DUE TO THE RED/PINK SCREEN. IT'S A INFARED LEAKAGE TO THE CAMERA. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lower case, please.

It's NOT IR leakage - it's an IR filter that's mechanically moved into and out of the optical path. But, yes, it's a hardware problem that only replacing the camera can fix.

jakebumgarner
Aspirant
Aspirant
I simply took the batteries out and put the same ones back in and when the camera came back on the problem went away
steve_t
Master Master
Master

jakebumgarner wrote:
I simply took the batteries out and put the same ones back in and when the camera came back on the problem went away

Hope it lasts!

placerman
Guide
Guide
Ok, fix didn't last but arlo customer service is going to fix it! That's why I bought netgear!
Nikkinoodle6522
Aspirant
Aspirant
One camera is red??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read this thread, at least the last page or two. The fix has been posted all over - open a case with support since it's a hardware problem.

Other "fixes" include opening and closing the battery door, etc. but if the IR filter is sticking, it's a hardware problem.

alexmcleaniii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with one of my cameras and the battery are draining every few weeks. The other cameras are going strong with plenty of recorded action. Frameware is 1.2.16720 and Hardware is H7. Please help.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

alexmcleaniii, do you have a pink image or a battery drain issue or both?