Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera tinted red / pink??

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
EROracing
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you flip the camera upside down and invert the image in app it should fix the pink issue, it fixed mine! I know it shouldn't be this way but it does work so f it!
austinnate
Aspirant
Aspirant

best thing you can do is read through this thread while doing a chat support. They will walk you through a trouble shooting process. IF at the end of the process the problem still persists (and it will most likely) they will issue you a RMA number and replace the camera.

That is what happened to me.

cgalloway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why has 1 camera have a red tinge to it. 

brh
Master
Master

@cgalloway

What is the model of your camera?

Did you just purchase it?

This has to do with the Infrared filter possibly being stuck and is not normal. But different models use different filters so that is the reason I asked for your camera's model number.

Brian

WBeatty
Aspirant
Aspirant
What does this cost to send me a new one? I have the same issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WBeatty,

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

sorova
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to contact support but it goes through a number of steps and ends up with live chat - which doesn't work!! It has the phone number of course but I live in New Zealand and there is no support here it seems. Do you have an email address for arlo? I also get the pink screen. Reset it and it stays there. I had it on another camera but it went away after a few days.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sorova, where did you buy it from? We're lucky because we're one of the only countries in the world with a 2 year warranty. I bought my kit from Noel Leeming. When I had a camera go pink, it was a pain in the butt because I had to return the entire kit. After than I ended up buying an add-on camera from Noel Leeming and whenever a camera went pink, I just exchanged it for a new one under the invoice of the add-on camera. I happened about 4 times!! I was so glad to hear that the much superior Arlo Pro cameras can't have any issues with a pink image due to a hardware change.

In summary, head back to your retailer and they should sort you out

Crimescenecigar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting a pink picture with one of my cameras. took the batteries out still no change

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here for a replacement.

LanaBanana
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased in Nov 2017 within the first week one of the cameras turned red/pink thought it was odd but just let it go, By Feb 2018 they are all red/pink switching the batteries didn’t help can someone pls help!!
brh
Master
Master

@LanaBanana

Contact Customer Support at the green banner near the bottom of this page. Sometimes changing the batteries solves the problem. It could be the IR filters getting stuck.

Brian

tbelvesllc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE?? ANY ONE CAN HELP ME???

brh
Master
Master

@tbelvesllc

Customer Support can be reached at the green banner near the bottom of this page.

One other thing you can try is to remove the batteries and re-insert them. That has worked for some people.

Brian

Zanne
Initiate
Initiate

I have a camera that, when loaded with Energizer Lithium 123 batteries made in China it has the pink tint. When loaded with Energizer Lithium 123 batteries made in USA, it has a beautifully normal picture. Hope this might shed light on the issue and helps someone.

tjohnson147
Star
Star
The batteries should not make a difference however I ordered the same batteries from China and they are not Energizers. They are knock offs. Stick to the rechargeable CR123 or the regulars.
brh
Master
Master

The original Wire Free HD cameras had a physical IR filter built in to the cameras. Sometimes you could hear a clicking sound when it activated. Sometimes it would freeze giving the pink color. If it would not unfreeze your camera was then not able to change back to normal color.

But in some cases as the batteries started to lose their charge, the filter would not have enough power to move, thus again causing the pink color. In that case, putting in new batteries solved the problem.

Lastly, due to slightly variations in different manufacturer's batteries sometimes a battery would become stuck and not seat properly. Since the camera works on two banks of two batteries each, the camera would still work, although at half power and thus the two batteries would drain much faster.

Brian

madjak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera is always pink. I’ve changed the batteries does not help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support as suggested before?

tjohnson147
Star
Star
Open up battery compartment for a while . Then close it with batteries in and flip camera upside down for about 12 hours. May help in some cases.put it outside so its exposed to both day and night. That may correct the IR
mbdrummer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue/pink cam

Took batteries out and tapped cam in the palm of my hand a few times. Working now. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning if it's pink again.

I believe it to be mechanical. Hoping it's a one time thing.

Phil

placerman
Guide
Guide
Arlo sent me out 2 new cameras to replace the defective "pink" ones. Such great customer service! I'd definitely buy netgear again!
jiangazi
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras have red/pink tint. Tried everything but couldn’t solve. What’s wrong? Thx.
bmullenix
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem with one of mine and have had ever since I bought it. I've tried taking the batteries out and putting them back in but that didn't help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a 1 year warranty. Exercise it by opening a case with support here for faulty hardware.