Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shjm73
Star
Star
Obviously this is a huge problem. 3 of my 4 cameras updated to latest firmware no problem. One camera will not update. I’ve tried everything suggested on other posts. I’ve reset base station, reset camera, uninstalled camera, checked batteries and still nothing. There’s got to be some type of glitch with this new update? Come on Arlo!!
62 REPLIES 62
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shjm73,

Try removing the camera, bringing the camera close to the base station, install a fresh set of batteries and then resync. Allow the camera to (temporarily) remain near the base station overnight and see if you still do not receive the update.

JamesC

Shjm73
Star
Star
Didn’t work, just goes between update firmware and after it tries it will say your device is offline check internet connection. Every so often the cameras blue light will flash for 10 seconds or so
AngSuro
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here...ben on hold with Customer support for 20 mins now , I am the 8th person in the Queue..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shjm73, AngSuro

Have you tried inserting a fresh set of batteries? If the batteries are low, this can cause the firmware update to fail.

JamesC

Shjm73
Star
Star
Yes new batteries
Shjm73
Star
Star
Any solutions from phone support
AngSuro
Tutor
Tutor
Yes new batteries have been inserted and nothing, phone support told me to take them out and he opened a support ticket and escalated it with tech support , according to support it is a firmware issue.
Shjm73
Star
Star

Well that doesn’t do much for me. Thanks for the info. Had mine about 7 months and I’m not paying to talk on the phone. Have no way to get a hold of support. Stupid way to do business in my opinion!!

paulmiller
Guide
Guide
Had the same issue but seems to have corrected itself.
momac99
Guide
Guide

Tried all recommendations listed above.  Netgear needs real developers. Update script never prompted to save previous version, so we are screwed.  Total waste of money.

Can we go back to previous firmware version 1.2.16720?  Firmware1.2..21616 sucks! having truble with all cameras.

Please queue previous firmware and send note to all usrs, so perhaps our systems will work again, otherwise this **bleep** is going into the trash.  I will never buy any Netgear crap again!!!!

Shjm73
Star
Star
I agree. I basically have paper weights at this point. Can’t get help without paying for it. Not acceptable for what we are paying for!!
momac99
Guide
Guide

Hi Shjm73,

i just removed all devices, including base station. After rebooting my router, I re-added base unit and 2 of my 4 cameras which are working so far with no firmware msgs. The other 2 cameras fail to add, even with fresh batteries, so i'm assuming they have expired, although lights flash during sync process. I ordered 1 new camera and 3 Silicone Skins.  These cameras are sensitive to UV and both were outdoor cameras in direct sun.  This will be my last purchase. Batteries don't last long  and arlo products are over-priced.  Will invest in A/C powered cameras with DVR. The price of these systems are comming down and are better quality.

hope this helps

Shjm73
Star
Star
Thanks for the info. I’m done trying to resolve this issue. I’ve got 3 working and 1 that won’t. Seems to me a mass email would have come out by now explaining what’s going on. I’m done with arlo also. Will use these until they crap out and then find another option.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@momac99 wrote:

These cameras are sensitive to UV and both were outdoor cameras in direct sun.

My cameras are almost all directly exposed to long periods of sun. They are not UV-sensitive. I have various camera models (original, Pro 1, Pro 2) and none have had these issues.

Shjm73
Star
Star
None of mine are exposed to sunlight and still have an issue with one. So....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If opening and closing he battery door as well as rebooting the base doesn't help, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. Any better?

Shjm73
Star
Star
Nope!!! Have tried everything posted and still won’t work. Just continues to try to update firmware and then rejects it. I’ve removed the camera a couple times and then couldn’t get it to sync at all. Then eventually it works. Obviously a widespread issue with no solution at this point!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardly widespread but there are a number of similar cases. The best answer is to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page for a possible RMA.

Shjm73
Star
Star
Start a chat goes to a blank page constantly. Phone support free for 90 days. Not paying to talk to someone! Contact support is useless to me
cloudguy
Initiate
Initiate

Firmware update in progressFirmware update in progressI have the same issue my device is stuck for a couple of weeks now. It appears to be a wide spread issue and there is no easy way to contact support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. The third page will have options for chat or phone.

Shjm73
Star
Star
Nope!!! Tried email and got error message that server is down. Tried chat and goes to a blank screen, just like a month ago when I tried. All this is just unacceptable. At this point I’ll use what I have left and when it craps out I’ll throw it away and definitely go in a different direction. Not doing there selves any favors by making this so difficult.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Shjm73,

Do to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

donnafalgout
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem with 2 of my camera's. I have attempted to get help for support to no avail. I have read all the discussions, I have just wasted hours for 2 days on this. This is rediculous as mine are not that old. Why would you make it impossible to get help, unless these are defective. I would appreciate an answer ASAP. I have been haveing this problem for months, but just now had the time to work on them. I feel that for the price I should not have to go thru this. 

@ShayneS wrote:

Shjm73,

Do to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

I would like a response as well!!!!