Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Initiate

Re: Camera stuck trying to update firmware

One of my cameras is also stuck on Firmware update and has been for days. The system has only been installed since November 12, 2018, I have 10 cameras in total and this is the only one stuck. Please advise ASAP. 

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 51 of 60
Guru

Open and close the battery door and reboot the base. Any Luck?

If not, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

Message 52 of 60
Aspirant

Just bought brand new system and got same issue (infinite firmware updates) on my two cameras ... great idea crappy company no support so I hope you go bankrupt soon and I get a class action reimbursememt
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 53 of 60

Well, for me a re-start of the base station and the camera worked out fine. It might be advisable to restart your router as well.

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 54 of 60
Arlo Moderator

@Speedy69 

What troubleshooting steps have you previously performed?

Message 55 of 60
Initiate

Our power went out for a few hours. When I checked the app a day later, the issue was resolved. Sorry not to be of more help. Still planning on going to a wired solution. 

Message 56 of 60
Star

Sorry,  don’t care anymore. 4 months and no support. Absolutely the worse support I’ve ever tried to get!! Keep getting promises and never any results.

Message 57 of 60
Aspirant

I have tried every suggestion and nothing has worked. No response from anyone with Arlo. This is not a way to treat customers. I think I have given more than enough chances to make this right. 

Message 58 of 60
Arlo Moderator

Hi @donnafalgout

I have verified your cameras are up to date on the latest firmware. Is there another issue you are currently experiencing?

Message 59 of 60

Wow. Count me in for the SAME EXACT ISSUE.

The only thing their horrible tech support can tell you is "unplug the device and plug it back in" and "remove battery from camera, re insert battery"

Nothing works. I have one out of 2 cameras stuck in an endless cycle of "Need to update firmware"

Considering this system cost $300 (just checked the receipt) I basically have a $150 brick in the form of a useless camera.

Judging by the DOZENS of exact same problems documented on these forums, the company doesn't care whatsoever about customers and has absolutely no plans to fix the problem. Seems to me like everyone who bought these cameras got hosed.

Message 60 of 60