Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Be careful of fake Support Call - VMB3000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
frrailroad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if anyone has had these two issues that are only somewhat related.

since May 2019, my arlo cameras (which i purchased between 2016-2018)  have been draining my Energizer Linthium batteries very fast.  I have had to replace the batteries twice in that time frame in all five of my cameras.

that's the first issue which leads to a more concerning second issue,

i went online for support, explained my situation.  The person on the chat gave me a case ID - ARL200586PS, and said a level two technician would call.  and they did.   We chatted on the phone and we decided that they should use logmein to look at my base station through my windows PC.   After running a few commands on my pc, they stated my network had a virus and was being attacked and that they would have a Cisco technician look at my network, estimating it would take 1 to 2 hours.   That's when i  started posing questions and finally said i did not feel comfortable where this was going,  at that point the tech hung up.  That is when i found out i actually was not on arlo support but on 247arlosupport.com.

Has anyone else had an issue like this, and if you have, were there any problems with your pc or network afterwards.

the site looked really good, and i thought i was on netgear arlo site,,, but i was mistaken.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been many users that have gotten to fake Arlo support  ( usu by googled ) groups... and as they prob wanted was money for service.

None tho to my knowlegde have had issue with computers after, Tho as a safety measure, I would recommend changing passwords to any thing improtant, making sure the antivirus is working and check on possible firewall status.

Esp if you did any type of remote login by them

If you were just talking , I wouldn't be as concerned...but def change arlo pw if you gave it to them

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
frrailroad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply

i did change my Arlo password to my arlo cloud account

the pc that they used for the remote session i have offline (turned off)

but i will follow your other recommendations as well